The "free xbox360" sites

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macphisto, Dec 7, 2005.

1. macphisto macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2002
    At home
    A friend of mine (a big xbox fan) sent me the link to sign up for the free xbox360 website. He is convinced that it works and that he is going to get a free xbox360 and even got me to sign up.

Have any of you tried these out for the free xbox360? Does it really work?

Part of the reason why he convinced that it will work is that his brother-in-law showed him his iPod that he got through the same company (albeit a separate site) the other day. I have heard about others indirectly who have received free things (iPods, PSPs) as well.

Is it worth my time to ask people to sign up? Granted it has piqued my curiosity. Does anyone want to help me out to conduct this experiment through to the end? If so I will post the status as people sign up, the results, photos and timeframe if and when I receive one.
  2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    Well I personally have no desire to use any of these sites but I know a friend who did get an iPod through one of them. I've heard of some that do actually give out the stuff and others that don't.
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Problem is you linked to your blob to get people to use your referal number.

These things are frowned upon here because of the possibility of spam for all the damned conga lines.

Usually it gets people banned, so please get rid of the link to your blog.
  4. Apple macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I know they work but what I also know is that you need five people to sign up for those little scams that come with it. Oh and you need to do it too.
  5. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Since he's a regular, I won't ban him, but I've removed the link.

Edit: The link didn't work anyway :rolleyes:
  6. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    Yea I would remove the link or you might get banned

http://Read This

Edit: Nermal took care of it

quick one!
  7. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2005
    38° 12'47.72" N 85° 31'54.63" W
    Not 100% sure how it works but my brother in law is part of an online group that trades referrals. Basically he will go sign up for 5 offers from complete strangers to give them referrals and then 5 complete strangers will sign up for him. You still have to do the offer ie sign up for a Credit card or get a free month of netflix etc.

So far he has gotten an iPod, a PSP, and a 19 inch LCD monitor.

And before anyone asks. No, I do not have a link to the group
  8. macphisto thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2002
    At home
    **Says with an accent of an old man sitting on his porch** Dang, straight I am regular. I've been here since before most of you even heard of a mac. ;)

Thanks for the info everyone and your patience. I wasn't trying to be a spammer.

Seems like these things work. I will keep you posted on the progress for those of you who might like to test the waters later on down the road.