The future of the Tablet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by pinks, Aug 24, 2003.

1. pinks macrumors regular

Could this be the future of handheld/tablet computing

BBC link

You just know that Apple could do this so well.

Al

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I dont know about this; I think everyone at some point likes to sit on the couch and actually feel the page as you read it. I dont think reading a book on a computer monitor would be the same feeling:eek:

4. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

While this is a cool idea, i dont think that it would work. The eyestrain you would get from reading off that screen would really suck and theres no substition for actually having an actual book with bateries that wont die (mainly because BOOKS DONT AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BATTERIES!).

my two cents.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i've been waiting for electronic paper for a while... this doesn't come close to that tho. They have a paper that has tiny cells in it, with particles that are magnetically charged, to become B/W pixels... you could buy a newspaper-sized one, and have it constantly displaying updated headlines and articles wirelessly. Or you could buy a 500 page book, blank, and have the words fill in for whatever you'd like to read. I think it sounds great, they're just putting the final touches on working prototypes i've heard...

pnw