The Gadget Show Channel 5 (UK??)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by betty02, Nov 24, 2005.

1. betty02 macrumors regular

betty02

Well i whatch it every week,s its on at 11.30 GMT PM in the UK, its a class show, i know many people here will whatch it so, what are your views on the latests shows etc, I loved last nights show, It was class, im so tempted by the Home Automative House, for under a few hundred quid class.

What you all think?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I watched it once. thought it was quite good. it was the one where they were testing out how water-proof devices were, when they drowned the iPod Shuffle :D and they exploded that underwater bomb next to that mobile phone. heh, my dad has that phone too!

Yea its alright!

3. betty02 thread starter macrumors regular

betty02

Yeah i whatched that one, an about 2-3 weeks ago, then they went through the best ways to dry them out, was a good show that one, i was kinda scared when he jumped into the swimming pool with an iPod, Phone, Digital Camera, and something else?

Kewl :D

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Seen it now for a couple of weeks on the run - generally enjoy it!
    One segment I thought was completely carp though was the look at iPod speaker systems.... the guy was actually using the systems to play back the music and was saying "you can here the quality and clarity on this one".... I'm watching this through a freakin' TV!!! How can that be a real review?!? Scores out of 10 would have been better.....

And the home automation would be cool.... just got to buy my own house first :(

5. betty02 thread starter macrumors regular

betty02

I found that buit boloks, he's the editor of 'Stuff' magazine *a gadget mag) and he's bassicly a bit behin imo, he was saying all these are new.......errr mate nope get your facts right there, not, atleast use a nano or iPod (video) to test not the older one s:p

lol

6. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Noticed he was using a 3G...... not exactly blazing a trail! And he edits Stuff? shame on him! He's probably been given enough free 5G's and nanos to be able to bring one along to use with the latest speaker systems....

7. betty02 thread starter macrumors regular

betty02

He most prob has a store cuboard full of em, did you see the week before when he ahd the coat that had build in speakers for the iPod?? that waz kinda crazy, yeah he edits stuff, thought he would of known better lol

8. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Sounds interesting! I'll have to schedule it on my EyeTV DDT when I get it for xmas :D

9. betty02 thread starter macrumors regular

betty02

HAHAHA nice thinking :p, yeah it is a gopod show, some stuff is just utter crap,but some (such as the house) are amzing, check out there site www.five.tv/thegadgetshow

btw Piarco75 im moving out after xmas (me and mate gettign a flat) and we was talkking money for furnishings earlier on today, i put the idea of X10 and full automated hosue in his head, he did a bit of research, and he said things look good, he was ahppy with the price so were going 'x10' shopping, so i will keep you updated :p jelous? :D:D:D lol