The genius behind 'switch'

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by G4scott, Sep 9, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I've heard alot of people bad-mouthing all of the 'switchers' that Apple has featured, saying that they look like losers, but there is one thing that I haven't ever heard anyone say about them, and that's that 'they're just actors, and haven't really switched to a Mac.' These commercials are convincing people that no matter how dumb the guy looks, or how stoned the girl is, they are happier, and leading better lives because they switched to a Mac...

You know that the dull dell dude only uses a dell (if he uses one at all) because dell pays him up the nose...

Watching the newest line of switch commercials, it makes me really want to go back to a PC...

So that I can switch back to using a Mac, just for the fun of it! It seems so exciting...

2. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

im a switcher myself, and it is pretty exiting at first, but then its just the usual, only slightly more fun than a peecee. i find i use my mac more than i did my peecee.

3. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

I got creative

I made this on Photoshop 7 The new Switchers AD

Attached Files:

4. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

I thought it would be funny making a switchers Ad having Steve from Dell switching over to a mac

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Not saying it isn't ...

And the smiley face definitely is NOT trying to look up Steven's dress.

6. Rockridge macrumors newbie

Re: The genius behind 'switch'

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the switch ads may be real people, but i don't really care one way or another...they may look dorky, but that does not matter either

i think the ads are effective because each one points out the flaws in pcs and the ease of using macs...finally, apple has something that addresses "why" as compared to some esoteric view of an imac spinning around with retro rock music in the background

now with the ads, prospective computer buyers can realize what a mac can do and what we knew all along:)

8. Chisholm macrumors regular

Chisholm

I liked the last ad campain myself. The switch ads are growing on me slowly, like somekind of cybermold. I agree with a previous post that its good that Apple is pointing out WHY people should look at Macs. I think the most important thing they can do in the next 3 months is to saturate the media with ads. Maybe venture into some radio ads where there are actual stores close by (if they aren't already, I'm in Alabama, Steve won't build one here).

cheers!

9. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i think the new ones are fake. which is fine by me. no one said commercials have to be real. every other commercial uses actors. i don't like the new ones though, except Ellen Feiss. that on's pretty funny. that cop one irriatates me though. not sure why, maybe the accent.

10. macmax macrumors regular

Re: The genius behind 'switch'

ufffffff!
    thanks god,i almost melted myself of anger,hahhahha!!!

11. jvaska macrumors 6502

www.iswitched.com is available...but i bet they want $5000 for it...

i think macrumors should have an "iswitched" contest...we could all make our own little advertisements...hehe...

what would the winner get?

jv

12. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Ughh.. we did have a contest like that..but now its long gone.. it was called the Macrumors Switch Video Contest...

Sorry if you're new, I didn't mean to sound offending...

irmongoose

13. jvaska macrumors 6502

haha...sorry i missed it...

i've been working in europe...and only recently have had time to surf much...

darn...wish i wouldn't have missed that...jv

14. orangeu macrumors newbie

Dell Coup

What Apple has to do (whatever the cost) is hire the Dell dude to do a Switch ad. I guarentee it would great a wave of PC switchers.

15. Here&There macrumors newbie

Re: Re: The genius behind 'switch'

aren't most of the people like that??