the good in anything.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactacular, Nov 17, 2003.

1. mactacular macrumors newbie

Does anyone active in this forum see the good in anything. Specifically the President or the current administration. All I see posted is blasts at Bush or blasts at Republicans. Does no one see any of the good things that are going on in America or the rest of the world. All the threads are negative this, negative that. there are negative things goiing on, as in all administrations. Can not one democrat or other liberal faction find one thing good with the President. He is not the anti christ for gods sake!

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

that's a good question. actually, it's two questions: 1) can i see the good in anything? (yes) 2) can i see anything good in bush? (harder)

good things bush has done:
    1. he retaliated against al qaeda for 9/11

well, _i'm_ stuck.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What would be the point of finding the good in anything? People, by and large, enjoy focusing on the bad much more than the good.

Lethal

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

We're in two nasty, deadly wars with no end in sight, world opinion for us is at an all time low, the economy is shaky unemployment is still bad, maunfacturing is leaving the nation, philanthropic giving is down, taxes are being cut for the wealthy and increased on the poor and middle class, social programs are being slashed, social security has been deliberately undermined, the White House is more secretive than any in history and we're all suspects in the war on terror.

But why wouldn't we try to see all the good that's going on?

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah, i've noticed that.

now, if there were an Arts and Entertainment subsection, you'd find i have a lot of good things to say.

but this is politics here...

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Someone's a negative nelly. ;)

Lethal

7. Inu macrumors newbie

Its quite hard to post something happy in the political forum if you are a) not happy with politics at the moment, and b) if all happy things happened to you lately werent exactly political.

So, even if someone wants to write: "I got laid last night" or "I am getting married next May" he wont do so in the political forum. What he would post would be more like: "I am founding a family, and am affraid my kids grow up in a ruined Ecosystem because of XYZ" or "I just got laid off because the work is being relocated to china" - This is, of course, rather negative than positive.

8. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Hey all is great down here in the land of AUS. World cup Rugby, Summer holidays, Unpopulated beaches, great surf, no fear of terror attacks (australian's just don't care: at all,) We all hate Little Johnny but can't really care less.

The Aussie doller is on the climb, (he hee cheaper bike and computer parts for me)

All things considered Life is great and I'm having a blast. Sorry to hear the US is in the crapper.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Let's also hear some conservative praise for any actions taken by liberals in the last 2 years.

Bush took out the Taliban and I fully supported him in that. The creation of a Dept. of Homeland Security was a necessary and timely creation, although it was tinged with a hint of wanting to get rid of all union influences. Bush at least pays lip service to the idea of fuel cells as a form of transportation. He allowed the use of stem cells (although in a limited and mostly useless way.) He has lowered middle class tax burden, but managed to lower the super-rich tax burden way more. So yes there has been some good.

So how about it? Are liberals the only ones who complain around here? I don't think so! Prove me wrong.

10. wwworry macrumors regular

I would commend him on Afghanistan if he did not completely ignore it, even forgetting to put money in the budget for it (!!!) afterwards. But any president would have gone after Afghanistan. That was a no brainer. Other than that he has been a complete disaster. Not one good thing. He cut funding for airport security a day after homeland security raised an alert about it.

THe only thing he does is funnel money to his big corporate doners. Power + money = GWBush

He is an incompetent loser.

As for the middle class tax burden it's only significantly lower if you have children. All local taxes and fees have gone up. So it's a wash.