The Grand Unified Theory

Discussion in 'Community' started by Janus20, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janus20 macrumors newbie

Here is the only one that works thro' A to Z. [/URL]http://www.thewebspert.com/cresswell/[/URL] It is a NEWTONIAN ARMAGEDDON and 380 years overdue.

Non of these devices are 'over unity' nonsense. They are always exactly 100% efficient and keep themselves that way with an uncanny Darwinian survival action. Sorry I cannot say it in a much more simple fashion but most will hack it if they try hard enough. The basics anyway.

This is very unpopular with university embryo genius. But truth, not popularity is the name of my game.

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

interesting stuff but it lost me when all the formulas starting hitting me like a chinese opera;) (or any opera for that matter)

what is the website trying to prove exactly? it seems well written and researched, it's just that idiots like me have a hard time understanding the formulas presented:p

3. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

I don't know, I generally mistrust people that mix their personal rants and paranoidity with their theory...

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

didn't really read the article, but many professors and researchers get these weird science stuff. i have gotten a few via email.

it's usually fluffy stuff, even if they look quite "professional." if people really wanted to prove themselves, they should publish in an established paper. of course, they will claim that they would not be taken seriously, but there's usually a good reason for that...

ok, i've skimmed it. it's fluff. proves nothing.

edit: oh, didn't realize the o.p. is the author? he he... funny.

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Hmmm. Not being a psychologist but knowing a bit of what he speaks, my opinion is that he is insane.
    About 10 years ago there was a man in my town that went by the nickname "The Professor". He had all manner of gadgets in his house. One day I saw his car in a parking lot. It had 100's of suction cups all over it, with a layer of paint over them. I saw him walking toward the car, so I had to ask him about them. His reply: "It's to increase gas mileage. You know how a suction cup, even as small as it is, can pick up a ton, like a bowling ball. I figure if I put these on my car it would make it lighter, therefore increasing mileage. Want to see the computations?"

This scientist is his brother.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

exactly! The tongue in cheek manner of a lot of it really doesn't help make me believe in it. Sure its quite technical, but *if* it was part of the GUT - then other people would be backing him up and it wouldn't go unnoticed.

Bucking the trend or thinking contrary to popularly held theories isn't a new idea - I can't validate or disprove his work - but its an interesting concept.

I work with a bunch of physicist - I'll pass this along and see what they have to say - I think I already know the answer :D

D

7. Janus20 thread starter macrumors newbie

.........................................................................................................

Oh dear me, I think I found a wrong forum. Physicists and especially the 'astro' type are wappy, self deluded morons. They have been brainwashed since day one university.

Can you get not even the faintest idea of the $450,000,000,000 annual rip off that they are perpetrating. OK, engineers do more cash but but physicists invented the puke that they have to drink.

As for 'peer review'. A mutual masturbation society of sci fi perversions. To even whisper that I have found this, is a euthanasia jab for each and every one of them. They all run for the far horizons because to stand means to die like a washed up Vaudeville comic.

Why does this forum defend them? You are the very people that are filling their rice bowls so handsomely. When your kids get to 13, they begin a programme of paedophilia via sci-fi education. Farm them out to forums like this, and a perpetual motion fix of ignorance is in.

When you go to a physicist for advice, the prick knows you are another mug, in less than a second.

8. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i'm a phd physicist.

while i'm not exactly offended - because i don't care at all about your opinions - but i'm sure the tone of your post will go a long way towards you getting banned.

thanks for stopping by.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

LOL. Very nice, calm response to what should have annoyed you a great deal. Oh, by the way, do you teach or do post-doctoral work at Michigan? I noticed you said you're situated in Ann Arbor.

Well, it's always nice to see some fresh rebel cursing the modern schools of thought. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, but I think people would listen to him if he had some reproducable experiments. I just scanned it, but is it simply that he takes things that already exists and tries to promote the idea that they are potentially 100% efficient? I don't know what he's doing, but it doesn't seem like he has any REAL experiments.

Whatever. I think he could help his chances if he debated rationally with those who are skeptical, instead of accosting them with ire as members of the ranks of the established scientific circle jerk. :rolleyes: Or maybe the editors of Nature like it when their publication is called a 'programme of paedophilia via sci-fi education." That is, if they can figure out what exactly such a statement means.

I know I can't, but perhaps it requires a PhD to understand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Although not a physicist myself, I work with physics, plasma physics, electrothermal physics, rf engineering continually at my job. Ever hear of HAARP? I've had an opportunity to develop the software that ran the system, worked along side the physicists in developing experiments and running the array myself - so I've had to absorb a good amount of science on top of what I learned in school to make sure it did what it was supposed to do. I hate having to defend myself, but seeing as how I don't have a Ph D. in physics, I felt in necessary to talk to someone who did - to see if my first impression was correct.

And by the way, the physicists I went to has a Ph D who's worked at Los Alamos before coming here.

His response? He laughed.....

D

11. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

the problem with these "revolutionary scientists" is that they fail to understand one aspect of science: science is built upon the foundations established by previous generations.

therefore, it's not enough to proclaim that everyone is being brainwashed and try to present something "new" because chances are, some smart people have looked at the same thing before and concluded that it's not anything new.

it's not enough to proclaim that something is new, there's also an added burden to prove that previously established foundations can also sensibly accomodate the new discovery without being contradictory. or, if something is truly revolutionary, it provides an alternative, complete and non-contradictory explanation to previously unexplained phenomenon. and in the latter case, it may take some genius and/or time for the idea to be accepted - relativity being a good example.

to claim that the theory of thermodynamics is false is like claiming that the earth is flat. there's so MUCH evidence to the contrary that one ranting webpage would hold absolutely no water against it.

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Well, it starts right out with a faulty statement by stating that the solar system is a perpetual motion machine and then ranting about Darwin and humanity's arse.

It then rants about steam engines for some reason and "BSing evolution."

It goes downhill from there :rolleyes:

13. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

WOW

Holy Crap, now I'm not a PHD physics, yet, but this is pretty absurd. I agree that him trying to disprove thermodynamics is like saying the earth is flat, but come on, he does it so well. He gives a equasion that is normally thought of a s a fact, then throws in some well know equasion like e=mc^2 and come out with such awesomely rediculous statements about perpetual energy. If that didn't make any sense then maybe I'm missing the point of the thread.

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Anyone can play around with equations and make the universe seem as if it was not what it is by ignoring the physical constraints of scientific formulae (in mathematical terms, the domain of the function).

At the end of senior year of high school, I had nothing better to do, so I used infinite limits to show that all real numbers equal each other. It was fun. It was crazy. But was it legit? Absolutely not, because I flouted the domain of the function, and I allowed division of infinity by infinity.

I really don't have the time to read this garbage in full detail, I just got back from a midterm and I have a major proposal for a student government project due to the admin soon, but isn't this guy simply playing around with equations like I did in 12th grade? Then, isn't he just adding neat diagrams so that it appears that he conducted experiments and made calculations that would support his off-the-rocker hypotheses? I'm asking because I'd like to know.

15. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

well, these people are out there and they believe their stuff...

i remember going to a conference and several people in the audience asked some messed up questions - these people are so convinced that their stuff is legit and that all other scientists are mad that they'd pay hundreds of dollars in conference registration fees!

one of my favorite stories is the one my old advisor told me. he said some prominent professor he knows has a folder in his drawer labeled "Public Relations." when he asked what it was, he was told it's a folder to put away things lunatics want him to read or discuss... and that he had to label it as "Public Relations" because if he labeled it as "Lunatic Papers," he thought he'd offend those people! :D

16. Janus20 thread starter macrumors newbie

.........................................................................................................

Of course he laughed. For him it was much easier than trying to apply common sense. He figures that you figure him smart if he laughs. He is going to look bloody stupid if he tries to dispute Diagram 2 with reason and logic.

He also knows you have worked with plasmas and he dare not risk bull****. Los Alamos does not impress me. Einstein died wrong. He knew it and all physicists know it but still applaud him
    because he was a pop star wanker.

My twin brother also has a **** from shinola problem. Retired now but when I first travelled to see him about this. He left the country, night before I arrived. He went to look at some centrifuges in the USA. Guess WHERE!!!!

My twin brother has been through Los Alamos. and the UKAEA.

17. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Calling Albert Enstein a 'pop star wanker' does very little to improve your credibility, I daresay. Come back to us with reasoned responses instead of crass rhetoric, and perhaps we, and others, will listen.

jxyama--you're a physicist. Do you know that Einstein was wrong but still applaud him because he was a pop star wanker?

18. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

This thread is just a plug for Janus20's website.

I don't think an aggresive and hostile approach is going to win anyone to your side.

I skimmed through the site and found it to be a bunch of inconsistent babble, but that's just my opinion.

19. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Well, obviously! But why not squeeze out some more of that indignant, ascorbic ire while we can? If he's willing to spew it, I'm willing to soak it up, because it's just oh so entertaining. I can't wait for the next selection from his colorful vocabulary. Quick! Someone politely disagree with him so that he can let out his vengeance upon us with that wry wit of his! :)

Seriously, though, I'd love to hear a reasoned reply from him, if he's got one.

20. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

Well okay then,

IMHO, Einstein was actually god on earth. He was not only right, he created everything so how could be be wrong? I have a shrine to Einstien and I pray to him everyday.

I hope that works ;)

21. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

thank you, thank you very much.

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The above is quite true especially of a class of troll that likes to show their point of view as being oh so much better than everybody elses - degrading everything and everyone as being stupid, ignorant, banal and insiped.

Janus20 - you mentioned in your first response that you had found the wrong forum....this is a Mac Rumors forum, not a physics forum - what sort of forum where you looking for? Have you tried posting this in other forums? (My guess is yes)

What sort of response did you get there?

D

23. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Janus20, as I said: As long as you keep on insulting people, I don't see a point in listening to your theories.

History of science is full of people that went against conventions - and succeeded! However, if you want to go this way, you have to learn to respect and understand those that disagree with you. Otherwise, you will not succeed. That is common sense, by the way.

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.