Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
Wow, those bands are beautiful. A little pricey for what I'm going for but I just may have to get one.
Thank you! Will post pics if I do. Do you have one of their bands?

I ordered the brown leather band with the black adapters for my 42mm Space Grey watch. It's a very good looking band, made of fine materials. The leather is a little thicker than I like, so I'm not sure how often I will wear it. With the classic leather bands at 50% off and the additional 10% off discount code (TAKE10), it should run you $39 shipped.

Reactions: sgchick

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Here's a quick review of my most recent AW metal band purchases:

1. OULUOQI 42mm Silver Link Bracelet with Custom Butterfly Closure: This band is probably my favorite out of all the 3rd party bands that I own ( I own about 10-12). I wore it daily for about a week before the bands listed below came in and it still looks brand new. It's very durable, no scratches on the band during normal daily wear, fits perfectly, comfortable, doesn't pull on my arm hairs, and was very easy to remove the links without having to have a special tool to do so. I would like to wear it daily, but I think I will save it for the weekends since it was pricier and is a little flashier than the other option I have chosen for daily use.

2. MoKo 42mm Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet with Magnet Lock: This band is definitely my second favorite band. I have chosen this one for everyday. The magnet closure is very strong and feels very secure when in place. There are no "loose" or "unfinished" loops on the band I received so it doesn't snag on my clothes or anything. The lugs/connectors lock into the watch perfectly and are not loose. The band is very comfortable on my wrist and looks classy but casual IMO. Best of all, I don't have to worry about it getting scratches on it.
Moko.jpg

3.JETech 42mm Stainless Steel Band with Metal Clasp: This band is my least favorite out of all my metal bands. This is mostly due to the work it took to remove the links and the scratches that the tool itself caused to the band while trying to remove the links. The band is very susceptible to scratches due to it's "shinier" finish and is definitely not the same quality as the OULUOQI band, however, the JETech is one third the price so I suppose that is to be expected. The band is remarkably heavy. It's just not as comfortable overall as the top two. The fit of the band is ok. It doesn't pull at my arm hairs. I don't feel that the closure is as strong as the OULUOQI. I doubt I will wear this band much, if at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: rews

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
The band is very susceptible to scratches due to it's "shinier" finish and is definitely not the same quality as the OULUOQI band, however, the JETech is one third the price so I suppose that is to be expected. The band is remarkably heavy. It's just not as comfortable overall as the top two. The fit of the band is ok. It doesn't pull at my arm hairs. I don't feel that the closure is as strong as the OULUOQI. I doubt I will wear this band much, if at all.

You can always re-brush the band with a 3M red Scotch Brite pad (more fine than the green ones.) Lay the band flat, and gently drag the Scotch Brite pad over it several times. You'll give it a nice grained finish and it won't be as shiny.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
You can always re-brush the band with a 3M red Scotch Brite pad (more fine than the green ones.) Lay the band flat, and gently drag the Scotch Brite pad over it several times. You'll give it a nice grained finish and it won't be as shiny.

That's very similar to how we would reapply the brush finish to watches (and rings, etc.) at the jewelry store I worked at for nearly 8 years. The only difference, we used the red Scotch Brite discs on the buffing machine instead of using a pad by hand.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS

Thanks for the info. I may give this a try.

sgchick

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2017
I received my Casetify watch bands, one rose gold milanese, and one black and white with matching hardware. The hardware is almost a perfect match. The rose gold milanese from casetify doesn't look any better than the much cheaper one i bought from Amazon. I'll have to see how it wears. I do love the black and white band very much and I'm sure I will order more at some point, because they do have beautiful colors and a huge selection. The black and white band is a sports band type of material...not as soft and comfy as the apple sports band, but as I said, Casetify has sooooo many colors. Once on, the "sports band" feels great! Because of my small wrist, I did have to punch a hole to make the band fit tight enough, which makes the buckle off center, but I'm sure most of you won't have to do that.A couple of pics.
IMG_8013.JPG IMG_8017.JPG.jpeg

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
Here's a quick review of my most recent AW metal band purchases:

2. MoKo 42mm Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Bracelet with Magnet Lock: This band is definitely my second favorite band. I have chosen this one for everyday. The magnet closure is very strong and feels very secure when in place. There are no "loose" or "unfinished" loops on the band I received so it doesn't snag on my clothes or anything. The lugs/connectors lock into the watch perfectly and are not loose. The band is very comfortable on my wrist and looks classy but casual IMO. Best of all, I don't have to worry about it getting scratches on it. View attachment 683504

So I bought the MoKo one a year ago but I found that over time the metal started to bend where it looped around the watch.

sgchick

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2017
I received my Form Function Form leather watchband. https://formfunctionform.com/product/button-stud-apple-watch-band/

Love that they size off an Apple Sport band. A beautiful product and a custom fit. Super fast delivery...I ordered Friday and received it yesterday, Florida to California. Definitely my favorite third party band!! I will be ordering from them again. :) Quality product!

Attachments

• IMG_8026.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_8026.JPG.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Reactions: jpcarro

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
I received my Form Function Form leather watchband. https://formfunctionform.com/product/button-stud-apple-watch-band/

Love that they size off an Apple Sport band. A beautiful product and a custom fit. Super fast delivery...I ordered Friday and received it yesterday, Florida to California. Definitely my favorite their party band!! I will be ordering from them again. :) Quality product!
You're right SGCHick F:F:F is a great company with an awesome product. Just wait until the leather stretches just a little the fit is perfect.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Lookie, lookie
how's your "Nike band" holding up. I want to get one but there are so many on amazon. I like the Black/Gray and Blue/white. I see most for the 42MM size come with the M/L band; I however need the s/m size.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

batmanners

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
Got my Monowear leather band yesterday. The gold adapters are a shade darker than the aluminum gold watch (almost like a bronze in comparison) but you can only tell if you're really looking for it. The buckle is more of a shiny gold and doesn't match the watch, but this actually brings out the gold in the watch more & gives a classier look. The band feels strong, but if you're looking for a textured leather that's very obviously leather, you may want to look elsewhere. The texture of the band however goes very well with the matte finish of the watch.

I also have to mention the adapters fit perfectly. Almost...too perfectly. It's a little difficult to slide the adapters in since it's so snug. Actually got a tiny dent around the slot trying to insert them but it's no big deal.

Overall pleased with this purchase. I had the the Benuo black leather band which was great, but I will be returning it since the Monowear matches this particular watch so well. Almost double the price of the Benuo, but the specificity and quality is worth it in my opinion.

IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1257.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1260.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1261.JPG
    IMG_1261.JPG
    695.7 KB · Views: 247

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
To be honest, I only wore it for two days. It's okay. But, I think mentally, since I know it isn't the original, I'm not to pushed to wearing it. Weird, I know...

how's your "Nike band" holding up. I want to get one but there are so many on amazon. I like the Black/Gray and Blue/white. I see most for the 42MM size come with the M/L band; I however need the s/m size.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Reactions: puckhead193

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.