Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bmwellsokstate

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Oklahoma
So I finally received a couple bands worth showing off. I have purchased a replica milanese loop and a replica leather loop from seller "lnkoo888" on eBay.

42mm Blue Leather Loop
Price paid: $41.99
Current price: $38.99
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/38133287297...49&var=650538416256&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Fit seems pretty good. I only tried on the original leather loop in store the day after pre-orders opened up online, so I can't really remember the quality and fit to compare. I would say that comparing pictures online, this one is very passable. Magnets seem to be strong enough under the high scientific "shake test." Color is great. There does seem to be a slight gap where the band sits into the watch. Probably close to 1mm on left side top and bottom like others mentioned. Overall, I think it would be an excellent purchase for the price.

IMG_1087.JPG IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1093.JPG

42mm Milanese Loop
Price paid: $30 (I made a "best offer," which he accepted)
Current price: $35.99 w/ option for best offer
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261961841425?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I really think this is an exceptional quality replica. Magnet is extremely strong, so no worries about it falling off. No kinks or defects in the milanese. Slides in very easy and does not seem to have any gaps between band and watch. Very good quality loop replica. Like the leather loop, I only tried it on in store early on, so I can't exactly compare to the real thing, but this band is very comfortable to wear and seems like a great buy!
FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1083.JPG

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Here are some photos of the $39 USD "Premium Leather Vintage Brown Watch Band" from Clockwork Synergy I just received, attached to my 38mm Apple Watch Sport. I have 170mm wrists.

My first impressions of the band are that it seems like good quality, looks nice, clicks into place as well as my Apple sport band, and the buckle is quite wide. It is as wide as my 38mm Apple Watch face, but at least it is comfortable and it does look nice. The leather is fairly thick but not too stiff. It should soften up nicely. As you will see in the attached photos, the adapters are stainless steel. They do not give you the choice between aluminum and stainless steel. The option on the website is "Steel / Brushed." I thought that meant it would be brushed SS like the buckle, but it's actually polished SS. I don't mind and I think it looks good with the Sport, but I know that contrast bothers some. The big buckle does create a little bit of a gap at the bottom of the wrist when worn on a looser setting, but the watch stays nicely centered on my wrist and remains in contact. At a slightly tighter setting the gap closes up. I'm wondering if that will disappear completely as the leather loosens up. They ship the band in a nice box with a 15% off your next order coupon. I would have preferred to pay less and get the band in a plastic bag, but at least now I have a box for my Apple Watch bands :)

Overall I'm pleased with the way the band looks and feels, but the lack of an option for brushed aluminum adapters might turn some away.

- Sean

_7250220.JPG _7250221.JPG _7250232.JPG _7250234.JPG _7250240.JPG _7250241.JPG _7250242.JPG _7250243.JPG

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Hi
I received my hoko grey stainless band the other day... looks great.
Thanks to ALL that helped with the pics in this thread..

I also purchased the spring style adapter from " Utica" on ebay... I bought the space grey/black adapter for the 42MM.

BUT the band does not fit into the adapter... not sure if others had this same experience.. Did anyone have to modify the Hoko band?... Its off by quite a bit.. seee pic?
Just wondering if the quality control is off on the band or the adapter...

In this ebay listing for a Hoco band, the Hoco.accessory Information chart states the band has a width of 22mm (for 38mm Watch) or 25mm (for 42mm Watch). I suspect the band you have is wider than 24mm. Kind of locks you and others who buy their band into only using the adapter it comes with. Personally I don't like that. You could sell that band down the road with that adapter to someone else but being an odd size the band is not universally swappable. I also like metal bands on a spring pin type adapter where it fits closer to the case but that's just me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOCO-Stainless-Steel-Strap-Buckle-Watch-Band-Adapter-for-Apple-Watch-42mm-38mm/291491436913?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=6ed4764a2c344ffb8e56ef26ec830c0f&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=121704615658

Last edited:

bsbuggs

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
In this ebay listing for a Hoco band, the Hoco.accessory Information chart states the band has a width of 22mm (for 38mm Watch) or 25mm (for 42mm Watch). I suspect the band you have is wider than 24mm. Kind of locks you and others who buy their band into only using the adapter it comes with. Personally I don't like that. You could sell that band down the road with that adapter to someone else but being an odd size the band is not universally swappable. I also like metal bands on a spring pin type adapter where it fits closer to the case but that's just me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOCO-Stainless-Steel-Strap-Buckle-Watch-Band-Adapter-for-Apple-Watch-42mm-38mm/291491436913?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=6ed4764a2c344ffb8e56ef26ec830c0f&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=121704615658

Thanks for the replies, i need to measure that band...
Good news is I have he other steel band being delivered, the 5 lug I think is called --also in black so I can compare

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I recently saw some watches that used something identical to that. Unfortunately, it was the gift shop of a cruise ship, and I didn't have any pin adapters with me to try them. That is definitely the best solution.

No screws. The watch bands straps come with a special pin incorporated into the strap. One side of the pin is stationary and you insert it into the lug. The other side of the band has a pin and a lever, and when you slide the tiny balled lever towards the band center, it retracts the pin on that side of the band allowing you to push the band into the lug space. When you release the lever it will extend the pin on that side. I found by turning the watch and band on it's side you can see thru the lug hole where the metal of the pin is and guide you in positioning the band for pin release.

So for Apple Watch you still need to buy a spring pin adapter because you need lugs to attach the band to, but you won't ever need to worry about pins on these bands again. And being incorporated in the band they won't go flying across the room. Also no need for any spring bar tools.

View attachment 571103

Zoom in on the the above photo near the watch base and you'll see the tiny built-in lever handle.

I haven't seen anyone mention bands with the Quick Release Pins before so thought it was worth calling attention to.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
AlliFlowers as for the quick release pins, Clockwork Synergy has a category for them on their website. I ordered a 24mm sky blue leather off of ebay from them there but when I went to their own website saw that they had many of them in various colors on Sale for even less (not sure how long the sale lasts, but my flat leather padded ones were less than $9, reg. 24). No shipping charges on either site. Picked up a gray and a red since I had nothing in that color range. Pretty plain but classic.

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007

That's interesting. I found a lot of bands use adapters like Apple's Classic Buckle and on a lot of the photos posted here, the bands look "loose" (and could slide) near the adapter. The 25mm width probably makes it look less so.

fireman13

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Florida Panhandle
So I finally received a couple bands worth showing off. I have purchased a replica milanese loop and a replica leather loop from seller "lnkoo888" on eBay.

42mm Blue Leather Loop
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/38133287297...49&var=650538416256&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Fit seems pretty good. I only tried on the original leather loop in store the day after pre-orders opened up online, so I can't really remember the quality and fit to compare. I would say that comparing pictures online, this one is very passable. Magnets seem to be strong enough under the high scientific "shake test." Color is great. There does seem to be a slight gap where the band sits into the watch. Probably close to 1mm on left side top and bottom like others mentioned. Overall, I think it would be an excellent purchase for the price.

View attachment 571217 View attachment 571218 View attachment 571219 View attachment 571221

42mm Milanese Loop
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261961841425?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I really think this is an exceptional quality replica. Magnet is extremely strong, so no worries about it falling off. No kinks or defects in the milanese. Slides in very easy and does not seem to have any gaps between band and watch. Very good quality loop replica. Like the leather loop, I only tried it on in store early on, so I can't exactly compare to the real thing, but this band is very comfortable to wear and seems like a great buy!
View attachment 571211 View attachment 571213 View attachment 571214 View attachment 571215
How long did it take to receive your bands from him? I ordered a blue leather loop and it seems to be taking for ever for it to be delivered

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA

42mm Blue Leather Loop

View attachment 571217 View attachment 571218 View attachment 571219 View attachment 571221

42mm Milanese Loop

View attachment 571211 View attachment 571213 View attachment 571214 View attachment 571215
I have the actual Apple ML and I have to say that looks exactly like mine - you got a steal!!

Reactions: bmwellsokstate

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I have the actual Apple ML and I have to say that looks exactly like mine - you got a steal!!

Did you post pics of your Milanese Loop? I bought my wife Apple's ML with her Sport, so I know how well the adapters fit. Some of the pics from sellers seem to be lifted straight from Apple, while the ones that look like their own, some seem just as good while others leave a small gap not sitting flush with the Watch case.

I almost bought one for USD$30, but hesitated not knowing if the current batches are good enough.

bmwellsokstate

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Oklahoma
How long did it take to receive your bands from him? I ordered a blue leather loop and it seems to be taking for ever for it to be delivered
It was about 4-5 business days for me. I got onto him to send me a tracking number after a day and then it took a day to start moving.

MSampson

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
I just got this band and I'm really happy with it! I love the look of the 5 bead and the seamless clasp! It came super quick and the quality is way better than I expected. I think the seller has other options like the 3 bead and different color options too. Love that it's prime!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZOR2GQA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

View attachment 570702 View attachment 570703 View attachment 570704
I ordered this because it looks awesome. Unfortunately they sent me a Baseus Milanese buckle. :(. I'm arranging to ship it back and have already ordered again. I hope it comes before my trip next week. The fact that this one was delivered on a Sunday bodes well for that.

Prestonsimon

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
I actually wanted to get a monowear black stainless steel band for my sport, but they were sold out, so I went with this one, and am actually super happy. This is one of the only 3rd party bands besides monowear that has the nicer looking adapters without the big gap that I have found. Plus it is less than half the price and was prime. For the money (like $53), it is definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZWB8FO0
IMG_2730.JPG

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Which size watch do you have? I'm trying to figure out if the adapter sizes are different.

AlliFlowers as for the quick release pins, Clockwork Synergy has a category for them on their website. I ordered a 24mm sky blue leather off of ebay from them there but when I went to their own website saw that they had many of them in various colors on Sale for even less (not sure how long the sale lasts, but my flat leather padded ones were less than $9, reg. 24). No shipping charges on either site. Picked up a gray and a red since I had nothing in that color range. Pretty plain but classic.

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I ordered this one yesterday in gray. I like the look of it. New company on Amazon? Does anyone know?
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Replacement-Rubberized-Silicone-42mm-White-S/dp/B010ISP0IU

If they had it in M/Lg I would have ordered the gray. I can wear the S/M but on the last hole and it doesn't give me much in the way of band tucked under which I think is best for securing it. I'll definitely keep checking back on that color to see if he gets the longer strap in. Too bad you don't get 3 straps like Apple or I would have ordered today. Can you post a photo of it on your watch when you get it in? Thanks.

After you'd had it a while I would be curious to know how you think the silicon does on the wrist compared to the florowhatever that Apple uses which I like a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Perfect! Until my Click adapters materialize, those are the pin adapters I have.

I had been a big fan of Click and mentioned it on my local forums whenever I could, even after I backed out and went with Monowear instead. I preferred Monowear's Nylon strap adapter (not sold separately) which looked more like Apple's Classic Buckle adapter and thought I could reuse. This turned out to be pretty much what the majority of third party bands use today and even better quality ones only cost around USD$15.

Three months after the Watch's launch, which is pretty much how long I've had mine, I still check Click's KS page and feel a tinge of sadness (and relief) of the state that project is in, raising over $200k, 7x its original goal, with not much to show for it, let alone product in the hands (and wrists) of backers.

Last edited:
Reactions: lg251

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
...has anyone seen a broad elastic fabric band, like the ones on the old 80's Swatch Pop watches? I think I could like a band in that style and it would also help me overcome my OCD-like fear of scratching my portable macs topcase...

(got no watch yet though since it won't work with my iP4 and I'm still not fully convinced that I really would find an Apple watch useful... I'm getting more and more tempted though...)

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
...has anyone seen a broad elastic fabric band, like the ones on the old 80's Swatch Pop watches? I think I could like a band in that style and it would also help me overcome my OCD-like fear of scratching my portable macs topcase...

Maybe consider the Leather Loop or copies?

(got no watch yet though since it won't work with my iP4 and I'm still not fully convinced that I really would find an Apple watch useful... I'm getting more and more tempted though...)

Maybe wait a couple of months when this year's new iPhones are out and then go all in!

erictech7

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2009
Pa.
At least they are consistent... they gave me the same excuse. Not sure why its so hard to match the color. They should at least make a disclaimer somewhere about this on their site. Once my Click adapters show up, I'm going to throw them on the band. Honestly though, I don't think I will buy from them again. Given the fact that the Black Forest bands are only $10-$20 more, I'd rather get them than buy from monowear. From what I've seen, monowear is overpriced.
Way overpriced, inferior quality and bad customer satisfaction and service.

Reactions: toph2toast
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.