The Greatest Weekend Ever Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

So what was your greatest weekend ever, or it could be a single day, share your stories. Here is mine.
    Me and my friend over Memorial Day weekend hosted a Lord of the Rings Marathon. We got together on Friday night played video games, and set up his basement so it would have surround sound. Then at 8:00 Am on Saturday people began to arrive, at 9:00 the Fellowship of the Ring Extended began. Sometime around 12:30 we had lunch and played Lacrosse then started the Two Towers Extended around 2:00. After that around 5:30 we had dinner played an hour and half frisbee game, then around 7:30 we began Return of the King, by this time over 20 people came over and we packed into his basement, by 11:00 PM it was all over, it was the greatest day ever! Friends, food, and the best movies ever in one day :) :cool: ;) :D :eek:
  2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    Oh man, I doubt I could come up with any single greatest of the better ones that come to mind was:

Earlier this fall, me and two friends took a roadtrip to visit friends in Boston...I ended up going to the Harvard-Princeton football game, crashing 2 parties, someone's birthday party, going to a sketchy party in Jamaica Plains that the cops busted up, and having a great time with people I hadn't seen in a couple years.
  3. topicolo macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    I would say my greatest weekend ever was the Canada Day (July 1st) weekend after my high school graduation. My liver took a pounding like it has never seen before.

The grad after-party was definitely "fun" :rolleyes: Clubbing and rollerblading through the downtown streets of Ottawa to see the fireworks on Parliament Hill that saturday night with some friends I hadn't seen in years just topped the cake.

Nothing beats rollerblades as a form of transportation when there's 100,000 drunk people crowding the streets, filling up every available bus to capacity and blocking all the streets of cars. :D
  4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    there are so many...but one that pops out is the first time i played rugby, at the beast of the east conference. i'd been recruited the day before because they needed someone else who was ~5'8" (I'm 5'7") and I learned literally as I played...but in between games I became friendly with some people from the team, and one person i talked to is now my roommate, and one of the others I've been dating for the past year and a half. So yea, while the weekend itself was amazing, the repercussions of taking a risk affected me 3 years later. so it was one hell of a weekend.
  5. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny
    just this past weekend... [6/4 - 6/6] i was in cedar point ohio
    with my girlfriend, brother and another friend... it was the
    best weekend ive had in a while... nothing like going 0-120
    in four seconds 420 ft. straight up and then straight back
    down... and that was just 13 seconds of the vacation...
    countless other thrilling and relaxing rides... short lines
    because its early in the season... lots of ice cream
    and hot pretzels... some other things we can argue the
    legality of... i dont know if this was my best weekend
    ever... but it was certainly awsome for what it was...

then i come back to the mac and the rumor mill is
    exploding... theres airtunes... the apple pda that
    didnt make it to market... WWDC just around the
    corner... its good to be home... but not that good...

i wanna go back to ohio!!!
  6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    wow, you don't hear that too often. :D

my friends went up to Cedar Point last Thursday. i couldn't go cause i had to work. :(

i really want to go to Cedar Point this summer so i can ride the top thrill dragster... my friend told me stories :)

but i dunno i've had so many great times. one that comes to mind is when my girlfriend and i went to go see Dave Matthews for the 3rd (i think?) time in Hershey, PA and we spent the night in this awesome hotel with a hot tub. ;) then the next day on the way home is was so frickin hot (no AC in my car) so we just stoped off in some town with a mall and hung out at the mall all day until it cooled down outside and drive home. it was so much fun cause it was just all like "whatever, we are totally care-free". so much fun.