The Hungarian GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jul 30, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Schumi nails his 64th pole!! :D

1 more to match Senna and 2 to claim it as his own. :D Now I wasn't expecting that at all... especially after seeing Schu sit out 2nd practice yesterday, stunning lap though... 0.9 up, and according to Ross Brawn, they're on an aggressive, but not reckless strategy. He's definitely on it though at the moment isn't he. :D

Big thumbs up to Kimi as well... another stunning lap, even though he was massively disadvantaged by having to run first. :eek: Interesting to read some of his comments this week regarding his future position at McLaren, I very much suspect he'll be at Maranello for 2007. :D

Speaking of driver changes... so I'm led to believe, Rubens' has asked to be released from his contract for 2006, with rumours suggesting that he's on his way to BAR-Honda, and that both Fisichella and Massa are being lined up as possible replacements. :eek: I'd rather have Kimi myself. ;)

I'm really surprised by Renaults lack of pace here, this is a circuit where they've regularly been competitive, I wonder whether they're beginning to hit the same wall in development they seemingly hit last season?

Anyway... I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo not a fan of this circuit, if I could drop one track from the calendar then this would be it... overtaking is near impossible, and the race is usually processional... although there are stand out years, '89 was a classic with Mansell starting 12th and winning (with a sweet move on Senna heading into the valley) And '98 played host to a demonstration in how to reel off 20 laps at qualifying pace to win the race... ;) Hill wasn't bad in '97 either. But with the exception of those years... racing gets a little lean here.

Tomorrow should be interesting, not for the racing but for the strategies. Montoya's looking strong, as is Kimi (as long as he doesn't get held up behind Trulli) and it'll be interesting to see how the two McLaren's strategies compare, is Kimi fuelled slightly lighter? or was it just an incredible lap? or has Montoya got more fuel on board, much like he had in Germany last weekend, and benefitted from the improved track conditions? either way... I'd be very surprised if we don't see a silver clad driver on the top step of the podium tomorrow. ;)

Race

1. Montoya
    2. Räikkönen (actually depending on how close he is to Montoya, watch for subtle team orders, as is the McLaren way. heehee)
    3. Schumacher
    4. Alonso
    5. Trulli
    6. Schu jr.
    7. Button
    8. Barrichello

Thoughts?

2. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Montoya, Kimi, Trulli, M. Schumacher, Alonso...

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

MSC is gonna win tomorrow.His first TRUE win of the season.That one in Indianapolis doesn't count. ;)

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

It does in my eyes. hahaha.

I do hope you're right though... :) I also hope that this is the turning point in the season for Ferrari, judging by some of the stuff I've been reading, Bridgestone have bought not only a new compound, but a new construction to Hungary.

Hopefully it's not a one off like Imola was. :eek: :(

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Wow, schu looked so smooth through his lap - the ferrari was composed, no twitching around. 64th pole! Awesome drive by the Iceman on a dirty track.

I'm afraid we might not see much racing tomorrow - everybody behind Trulli is screwed and it will be so hard to pass schu here even if he is slower.

FWIW I think JPM was carrying more fuel than the other front runners.

6. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah Truli is known for helding other drivers back...thats what i basically hope he'll do today... :D

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I said it yesterday that Shumi's gonna win but it didn't happen...the ferrari just don't have the pace as the race goes on and did u notice how bad is Shumi's tyres at the end of the race...Ferrari, no comeback for now...certainly some improvement...

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Well, the Renaults don't have Maclaren's pace either, but they have massive grip and don't break down - and they're winning.

McLaren is still in contention for a Constructors championship. Fisi needs to be scoring points and Alonso needs to keep winning to keep McLaren and the Iceman at bay.

This was a great race for Toyota, Ralf on podium and Trulli just behind, both in the points.