The "I can't find Nanostray!" thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i know this wont affect many people here, but i'm doing it anyways.

Shin'en make a game called Nanostray for the DS and Majestco publish it. Only as soon as a small batch of copies hit stores across the US (and there was no european release date planned yet too) they file for bankruptcy, apparently. so there will be no more shipments.
    This time next week there will be no more Nanostray left in shops ever. or that is the estimate.

Thankfully though i ordered mine from cd-wow.co.uk who get a lot of imports (and godly cheap too! just £20), and well... my order was only despatched a couple of hours ago after a rollercoaster of a past few days with suspicions that I may never see it.

Anyone else tried hunting for it?
    If you have a DS and have never heard of it, well firstly, for SHAME! but look here www.nanostray.com. its a top-view shooter that reviewers hate but the rest of the public are intensely loving, comparing it to R-Type 3 and that Ikurga (definitely spelt incorrectly). such a shame its going to be uber rare :(

2. Vster macrumors 6502

Noooo!!!

Oh crap! I had no idea that there was only a few copies were shipped. No wonder the 5 Gamestops I've been going to since it shipped on the 20th didn't have any! I also checked Frys and uhhhh.... WalMart. :(

3. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Well the issue actually is that Majesco didnt ship the games until the 21st :-/

Anyways, according to gamestop.com the local gamestop right next to my job is getting copies of nanostray so im probablly going to buy it today if they get it in =)

Unfortunately I hear the game is short :-/

4. Vster macrumors 6502

I just got back from EBgames and the lady working there checked the computer and she said that its discontinued so they won't be getting any or selling any. :(

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

You have played shooters before right? they've mostly been notoriously short with bags of replay. the shooter way :)

6. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

It is most definetly not discontinued... Considering People actually have the game, reviews are up for it, and gamestop has shipments on the way.

7. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Wasn't going to buy this one, but I'm thinking of playing it for a week or two then ebaying my copy (if I can find it!). Of course I'll give the macrumors gaming forum first dibs. ;)

8. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Reserved a copy at the gamestop right next to my job yesterday =) Should be picking it up on monday!

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hadn't heard any of this. I've been waiting for Nanostray but didn't intend to pick it up immediately. Hope it remains available :(

10. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

If U have a Toys R Us U should try checking there, that's where I got mines from instead of waiting for it to come into Game Stop.

Alicia :)

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

for the brits try looking on eBay or best of all http://cd-wow.co.uk has it for £20.49. same guys stock Pokemon Emerald and other import goodies.

12. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Thanks for the info, I'll try to find it tomorrow morning

13. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

Ack! I went to toysrus (no one shops there for games, so they usually have everything in stock) to get Meteos and Nanostray, but they didn't have Nanostray. Meteos is amazingly fun, though...

14. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

Yeah Meteos is awesome. Picking up my reserved copy of nanostray tomorrow =)

15. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

I got Nanostray from gamestop today!

First Impressions: It kicks ass! holy crap are the graphics amazing, way better then anything on the psx of n64!! Gameplay is fun and hard too, im only playing on standard difficulty and ive only beaten one stage, although ive only had like 1 hour with the game since I was working today. Its fun fun fun! Also managed to pick up a copy of Iridion II for $9.99 at gamestop(Also published by Majesco, dunno if its made by the same people as nanostray though)

16. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

echo that.

mine arrived today. and like most of my games theres a little story involved (just cuz its never simple with me :p)
    i went on a big 12 mile walk last night, got back at 2am. went to bed at 3am. up at 8:30am to look after my cousins house cuz she was expecting some gas guy to come round, only i couldn't walk. my mum rang at 11am, said "it" had arrived -i told her about this rare game ive ordered- and she popped over and for about 6 hours straight i played Nanostray sat infront of the fire with some cat fighting me for floor space.

its an absurdley brilliant game. the first top-scrolling shooter i've really liked, im more of a side-scrolling fan myself. the gameplay is intense, the game is rock solid and the music is amazing. HOWEVER I have to say when i played it I wasn't looking at the graphics... i totally forgot about them! i just got absorbed into this game. it was about an hour later where i just paused a second and saw these visuals.

this and Kirby have me firmly locked away from society. just think, i'll be picking up Bomberman and Pokemon Emerald next week. goodbye summer! :cool: whilst its raining, of course.

17. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Majesco's is currently in deep legal and financial doodoo.

18. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Both GameStop shops in town (Huntsville, AL) got shipments of Nanostray today. I'm picking mine up after work.

19. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

I love this game!!

Im currently 24th place on the leader boards and I still havent finished the last two stages in arcade mode!

20. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

my girlfriends just placed an order for this too. i dont even know why! she doesn't like shooters! she loves Kirby too much, but with her last buy for a while she chose Nanostray... silly humans.

ive got to beat level 6 still. i keep getting D and F grades :( i must be doing something terribly wrong.

21. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

heh right now im 18th on the leader boards, still havent finished the last two stages in arcade mode though.

Anyways the secret to getting uber scores is to not use your Sub Weapon except for at the boss fight =) And collect collect collect the blue coins! I have an S+ or S++ on evey stage just doing that =) Except for sehki belts, that is a valor stage where you have to use your sub weapon only, dont use attractor or autofire.bg

22. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Im the sub-weapons best mate, probably why I keep getting low marks. still stuck though. cant get the last 2 levels on Normal :(... this is from the guy who beat F-Zero GX 100% too. MUST PRACTICE!

any more tips?

23. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

NEVER use the subweapons! not when trying to get all the blue coins, also make sure to use the attractor a lot, always always get the blue coins, tahts about it to tell you teh truth, everything else is memorizing. Use the Lightning gun too. I might create a video of me doing a few levels actually soon.