Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheShoop

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
Just picked up a...

Just snagged a 16 gig red nano from the Apple Store here in Indianapolis. Very pleased with it, it looks gorgeous! =D Here are some fairly mediocre pictures that certainly don't do it justice. =P

nano2.jpg

nano5.jpg

nano4.jpg

nano1.jpg

nano3.jpg

simkalov

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Dock Connector Should be The same

If someone could post pics of blue, green, purple, that would greatly appreciated! Will new ihomes and such be needed or is the dock connecter and stuff the same?

Sorry if this has already been addressed. According to an Apple retail store employee, the dock connector should be the same

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Anyone have the purple one? I want to see how "vibrant" that one is... now that i saw that puke yellow one (which i was stoked about) i want to step out of the box and get a purple one!

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
just bought an 8GB Black one today at Best Buy! So far I am very happy with it! At best buy the guy said that they sold all 20 of their purple ones within the first couple days.. I almost got a green one, but it was just so bright! lol

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Anyone have the purple one? I want to see how "vibrant" that one is... now that i saw that puke yellow one (which i was stoked about) i want to step out of the box and get a purple one!

The yellow one is a bright big bird yellow.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
4gb?? as in half of 8gb right?

does it say 4gb on the back and/or in the about section. BUY ONE DAMMIT

4GB. Half of 8GB.

On the box, engraved on the back.

They're on sale in Europe as well but only from resellers. Apple ramped a bunch of them for production but MS dropped the 16GB Zune so Apple had to re-think it's line up. The 4GB ones are limited to certain markets, AU being one of those markets.

Madness

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2008

i ordered the 16gigs purple one ... which im waiting for

HatchSZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Just bought a 8gb purple nano last night in Hong Kong. Walked around with it today in sweltering weather in my pocket. May have gotten sweat on it, but it seems like a little bit of the color has bled onto the click wheel and one or two tiny spots on it are now a slightly lighter color. Anyone else notice the same?.

I may have been wrong about the color bleed. Don't seem to notice any today. Although the nano did freeze up on me when I plugged it into the airport extreme to charge it.

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007

I don't have pictures but I saw one at best buy the other day. It is probably my favorite and the one I would be getting if I was going to buy one. It's a nice deep velvety purple

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
I just got my green iPod in the mail today from Apple. It's soooo thin! I usually get neutral colors like black or silver but I opted for my favorite color for once and it looks much better than I imagined. :cool:

I noticed, however, that the wheel seems to "creak" when I press it. Anyone else noticed this? It doesn't do this on any of my older gen nanos.

Agasthya

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2003
Just picked up a red 16gb nano from the Grove store out here in LA. They have the 16gbs in stock except for the black one. I'm anxious to get back home to Seattle tomorrow and put this thing to use.

It looks really sharp.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Ok I took the plunge... 8GB purple Nano :cool:

Sorry for the shakey pics i get so excited opening new Apple products :D

Attachments

• DSC_3590.jpg
    DSC_3590.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_3593.jpg
    DSC_3593.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_3595.jpg
    DSC_3595.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_3603.jpg
    DSC_3603.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 61
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.