Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
Earlier today, I picked up the brand new 2.5GHz 15" rMBP that I got for $1800 on eBay. I'd been using a rMB since they were released last year, but I just never quite got used to the single port and small screen as much as I thought I would. I haven't had a 15" laptop since my TiBook way back in the early 2000s, and I'm already loving having the bigger screen!

Reactions: infernoguy

bfid111

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2015
Just bought a used 2015 15inch base model (no scratches, <100 cycle) off of ebay for $1400. Good enough to use it until the next gen to come out

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Well just ordered a refurbished Retina MacBook Pro with 16gb of ram. Was a great price and got apple care. Super stoked.

smelly cat

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Hey all,

I haven't posted in a few years, but I just bought a new 13" Macbook Pro with storage upgraded to 256GB!

My last Mac purchase was several years ago. I used to have a MacBook Air with flash storage, but I must say, despite both being flash based, read/write speeds and access times are crazy fast on this new machine!

Mac OS X has hardly ever been known as a viable gaming platform, but Steam games such as Left 4 Dead 2 run great -- even without installing Windows. I'm really impressed with this new little machine.

Reactions: clunkmess

bgalakazam

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Germany
So funny how everybody is buying the 2015 now after there was no announcement. I didn't wait for it as there is no way I'll give $2500+tax for a laptop in 2016... if I'm spending that much I'll just get the 17" Thinkpad with Xeon and Quadro...

but for now I am happy with my mid 2015 model, probably will sell when new line is announced.

smelly cat

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Indeed, there will likely be an update sometime soon, but I desperately needed a new machine for dev purposes, so the purchase couldn't really wait.

Mmmmmm... that new MacBook smell...

DHeck

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
Pgh, PA
Just ordered a new (refurb) macbook pro 15" with 16gb ram, i7 processor, 256 SSD. Ive been using my same macbook from 2008 and its just now starting to have problems. So this is a welcoming upgrade, although I went through the refurb section on apple to save a little cash. Its supposed to be here tomorrow, so i'm kind of nervous about a refurb but heres hoping there isnt anything wrong with it.

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
I received my refurbished 2015 MacBook Pro 13" (8/256) this afternoon. After a disastrous 18 month experiment with a Lenovo laptop that ended with them offering me a full refund, I'm happily back on OS X. I realize new stuff is coming soon but waiting was out of the question and I think it's safe to say this machine will suit my needs for a long time. Honestly, I'm just happy to have a nice glass touchpad that doesn't wobble and rattle every time I touch it. :)

Reactions: MinDev and bfid111

bfid111

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2015
I received my refurbished 2015 MacBook Pro 13" (8/256) this afternoon. After a disastrous 18 month experiment with a Lenovo laptop that ended with them offering me a full refund, I'm happily back on OS X. I realize new stuff is coming soon but waiting was out of the question and I think it's safe to say this machine will suit my needs for a long time. Honestly, I'm just happy to have a nice glass touchpad that doesn't wobble and rattle every time I touch it. :)

ohh lenovo...i feel you

Reactions: MinDev

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Well returned my 16gb/128 and got a 16gb/256 13" instead. Was debating about just jumping up to the 15, but I really want the small form factor. I have monitors for more real estate. Can't wait.

smelly cat

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
An update for you guys.

After going through multiple 13" MacBook Pro exchanges, I've decided to return the machine and get a different model altogether.

I don't know if it's a PEBKAC or maybe just bad luck, but each MBP I've had in this process has had a problem with freezing. I'll be using the system for everyday tasks and the whole computer will freeze up. I can't even move the cursor. It's happened multiple times, and I've almost lost data.

Back it goes! Maybe I'll have better luck with the 12" MacBook or 15" MacBook Pro.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
is it safe to buy a refurbished macbook pro 15 inches?
The difference is about 300 Dollars, should i just get a new one or is it safe to get the refurbished one?

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I am thinking of purchasing a MacBook Pro 13.3 retina laptop. I wanted a refurbished one from Apple. I was considering the iPad Pro 12.7 inches also. I'm really torn. I will use it mainly for accounting purposes if I buy the laptop. Any thoughts what I should do?

Beeray

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Well, I can't use the phone for accounting. But, I have a 21.5 iMac that I use mostly. Hard decision. I have a Windows laptop to do corporate taxes on but I really love apple.

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
iPad is a toy compared to macbook. For your purposes, I don't think that you need horsepower so much, so how about a macbook 12? Ultra light, small, easy to travel with. Pretty handy little machine.

DHeck

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
Pgh, PA
is it safe to buy a refurbished macbook pro 15 inches?
The difference is about 300 Dollars, should i just get a new one or is it safe to get the refurbished one?

I think it is, I was always skeptical of buying a refurb of anything, but I read what apple actually does to refurb their products and its def worth it. Mine came and it was brand new, there was only 1 cycle count on the battery charge, and still had that brand new macbook smell :):apple::), so I was quite pleased with the purchase!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
A lot of times people buy something and then they realize for one reason or another that it's just not what they need after all. A friend of mine did that, bought a MacBook Pro several years ago and after a couple of days of using it realized that it just wasn't for her, that she really preferred and actually needed a desktop. She returned the barely-used notebook machine to the Apple store and bought an iMac instead. I would guess that the MBP went off to be refurbished and has since spent its life in the hands of someone who really needed what it could do...... There are probably quite a few scenarios like this.

Reactions: archi_130w1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.