Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I want to know this too.

Anyone?

I have purchased a few refurbished units and always good luck with them. My last one was a Late 2011 MBP 15" which I had until last year. It will appear a brand new unit other than shipping in a standard box not original Apple box it will seem new.

meteoreos

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2016
Midlands, UK
I have purchased a few refurbished units and always good luck with them. My last one was a Late 2011 MBP 15" which I had until last year. It will appear a brand new unit other than shipping in a standard box not original Apple box it will seem new.

Do the internals come in unused condition? The battery, for example.

mrt.plt

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I bought myself a 2015 rMBP 13" Base as my 2013 13" MBA suddenly died. Bought it for 1650CA$ after student discount. I was told at Apple store that the refurbished ones also come with unused batteries. (I couldn't get a refurbished one as I needed a computer right away)

Iceberg33

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2016
Hey guys. I appreciate it if any of you who bought a MacBook Pro mid 2015 15 inch online from bestbuy can answer this. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to electronics and have a question about the packaging. Was your shrink wrapped MacBook in another apple sealed cardboard box then in bestbuy packaging or was it only protected by the bestbuy box ?

Thanks in advance.

biggiet4jets

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2013
Just purchased a space gray 2016 15" base model MBP from the Apple Store today. First MacBook Pro I bought in an actual store as I didn't want to wait to get it shipped. The experience was great (except they forgot to give my student discount, so I had to do a refund repurchase) which took all of 5 minutes. I haven't even opened it yet because I want to get my dbrand skins and sleeve for it first. I will set it up tomorrow morning though. But I did purchase a few things tonight for it on a basin which will arrive on the 31.

-New laptop bag
-new Amazon Basics sleeve
-USB C to USB adopters
-Dbrand skin for the top, trackpad and bottom (as of writing this they're doing a 30% off Boxing Day discount)
-Sandisk, USB C and USB flash drive
[doublepost=1482989382][/doublepost]
Hey guys. I appreciate it if any of you who bought a MacBook Pro mid 2015 15 inch online from bestbuy can answer this. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to electronics and have a question about the packaging. Was your shrink wrapped MacBook in another apple sealed cardboard box then in bestbuy packaging or was it only protected by the bestbuy box ?

Thanks in advance.

It should be shrink wrapped. I bought my Apple Watch there and it was shrink wrapped.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it's just in their Best Buy shipping box with bubble wrap. I ordered a few Apple products from them before.

Mixolyd

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2014
Oregon
Anyone here used both 2014 and 2015 13'' rMBP? Been using the former for years and love it. I wanted to give it to my fiancee and got myself refurb 2015 model, but the keyboard keys feel more mushy. Very noticeable when going from one to the other, and others have noticed it when I asked them to try. Have a Genius Bar appt tomorrow and wondering if they can replace keyboard for me. I'm wondering if this is just a change that was made but I can't find any info about it. Hard to explain but the 2014 keys feel more firm and give more tactile feedback. 2015 feels softer, less tactile bump.

GCMD

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
Just ordered:

15" MBP TB
2.7GHz
512 GB
Radeon 455

$2479 from B&H

Got the AppleInsider Promo Code (one time use) so I got $320 off this model and Parallels 12 for free. Also ordered:

1 USB C to Lightning cable
2 USB C to Micro-B (USB 3.0) cables
1 USB C to USB 3.0 (female) connector

Total = ~$2531 (no taxes)...this is LESS than the 2.6GHz/450 with a 512GB upgrade.

Taxes would have been around $200 so I saved $520 total vs buying from Apple ($2800+200) ordering from B&H with the AppleInsider Promo Code.

I'm praying that they don't say that it's NOW backordered (was In Stock when I placed the order). If not (please GOD) I should have mine by Thursday (1/5) evening.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Just ordered:

15" MBP TB
2.7GHz
512 GB
Radeon 455

$2479 from B&H

Got the AppleInsider Promo Code (one time use) so I got $320 off this model and Parallels 12 for free. Also ordered:

1 USB C to Lightning cable
2 USB C to Micro-B (USB 3.0) cables
1 USB C to USB 3.0 (female) connector

Total = ~$2531 (no taxes)...this is LESS than the 2.6GHz/450 with a 512GB upgrade.

Taxes would have been around $200 so I saved $520 total vs buying from Apple ($2800+200) ordering from B&H with the AppleInsider Promo Code.

I'm praying that they don't say that it's NOW backordered (was In Stock when I placed the order). If not (please GOD) I should have mine by Thursday (1/5) evening.
Let's also hope that it's defect free too.

Reactions: GCMD

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Always....unless you're implying B&H sells defective MBPs...o_O

No. There have been a lot of defects or if the box like scratches near the speaker grill, uneven screen tints etc. Apple is fantastic at just exchanging no questions asked. Not sure about B&H.
[doublepost=1483231370][/doublepost]
No. There have been a lot of defects out of the box like scratches near the speaker grill, uneven screen tints etc. Apple is fantastic at just exchanging no questions asked. Not sure about B&H.

GCMD

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
No. There have been a lot of defects or if the box like scratches near the speaker grill, uneven screen tints etc. Apple is fantastic at just exchanging no questions asked. Not sure about B&H.
[doublepost=1483231370][/doublepost]

I think AppleCare covers that or I could be completely wrong.

As long as it's not a major issue, I can deal with a cosmetic flaw for a $520 discount.

thesimplelogic

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2014
Just got my Space Gray 15" 2016 MBP the day before yesterday as a late Christmas present and I am loving it!
I had a 2013 15" rMBP prior to that which was a refurb and was always a fantastic machine - had a couple of small issues with it but it was dealt with by Apple extremely well and everything was covered under warranty.

Anyways, the specs of the new machine are:
2.6Ghz i7
16GB RAM
512GB Flash
AMB 460 w/ 4GB

My screen does appear to have that slight discrepancies in tint but since I largely do music production for now, it's not bothering me too much - may take it in later for repair but it's not a huge deal. Need to get a clear case for it to protect it though, so hopefully some of the companies start making them!

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I just got my Space Gray 15" MBP w/ TB 2 days ago. Took took it out of the box and found scratching below the speaker grill already.

2.7 GHz IC i7
1TB SSD
16GB Ram
AMD Radeon Pro 460 4GB

Will be returning.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293

thering1975

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2014
Was looking to update my Macbook Pro late 2013, however put off by the price hikes.

But yesterday pc world had a cracking deal so i was torn between the non and touchbar variants however settled on non touchbar as suited my needs better.

So popped down yesterday and picked myself one up. I doubt i would have if it was full price, but Pc world have them with £150 quid off, i get 8% discount from my works reward scheme and Quidco were doing 11% cashback yesterday so all in all i picked up the base model for only £1085 instead of £1500 so was a no brainer to be honest.

Have to say its a nice piece of kit, i even like the keyboard which many complain about but i find it to be pretty sweet. Now its time to setup and streamline this baby.

Very happy start to the new year indeed

Iceberg33

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2016
Just purchased a space gray 2016 15" base model MBP from the Apple Store today. First MacBook Pro I bought in an actual store as I didn't want to wait to get it shipped. The experience was great (except they forgot to give my student discount, so I had to do a refund repurchase) which took all of 5 minutes. I haven't even opened it yet because I want to get my dbrand skins and sleeve for it first. I will set it up tomorrow morning though. But I did purchase a few things tonight for it on a basin which will arrive on the 31.

-New laptop bag
-new Amazon Basics sleeve
-USB C to USB adopters
-Dbrand skin for the top, trackpad and bottom (as of writing this they're doing a 30% off Boxing Day discount)
-Sandisk, USB C and USB flash drive
[doublepost=1482989382][/doublepost]

It should be shrink wrapped. I bought my Apple Watch there and it was shrink wrapped.

Thanks for your response. I'm wondering why they take the hassle and get it out of the apple cardboard box or maybe they got their shipments differently from Apple. I just wanna make sure I haven't received an unopened customer return item. Since what I ordered mjlt2aa was back and forth from in stock and out of stock at that time.
[doublepost=1483416405][/doublepost]
I'm pretty sure it's just in their Best Buy shipping box with bubble wrap. I ordered a few Apple products from them before.

Thanks

dblguarantee

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2015
I just picked up an open box from Best Buy. It was in the box and said "heavily scratched" on the label. I asked to take a look. There is a tiny scratch on the screen that you cannot see when it's on. I can only see when it's off and I turn the screen at an angle. Battery is brand new also.

Got it for $849. Replacing my 2012 MacBook Pro. Love the screen already.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I just got my Space Gray 15" MBP w/ TB 2 days ago. Took took it out of the box and found scratching below the speaker grill already.

2.7 GHz IC i7
1TB SSD
16GB Ram
AMD Radeon Pro 460 4GB

Will be returning.
Wow. I can completely understand that you want your $4000 machine to be perfect. I on the other hand are usually to lazy to send something back for minor cosmetic blemishes. I hope your machine and others make it to the refurb store soon.

Reactions: c0ppo and GCMD

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
....so I did it.
I spent ≃3000 € in a 15" with 2.6GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 460 and 512GB SSD.
:confused: | :eek:
You'd better last good for the next 7 years like this good ol' 13" Core2Duo did, ya' Skylake...

GCMD

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
The Eagle has Landed!

Just unboxed my 15" tbMBP 2.7 GHz / 512GB / 455 from B&H...exterior flawless. No scratches, no blemishes, no noticeable screen tint.

I am going to do a more thorough inspection but for now, I am THRILLED!

Gotta go play with my new toy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.