The "I Love My MacBook" Thread...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by netdog, Jun 4, 2006.

1. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    With all the MacBook bashing going on, on the occasion of my 500th post, I want to put up this thread ito let people who are considering buying a MacBook know just how happy most of us are with these machines.

If you love love your MacBook, post here and say why. If not, find another thread please.

2. juanm Suspended

May 1, 2006
    I love it... BUT now I cannot use the webcam with non macusers.
  3. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
  4. Coldhardmac macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2006
    Much love

I absolutely love this machine. I was thinking of waiting and saving for the MBP, but I just realized I don't need it at all. I highly doubt I'm doing anything 3d graphics heavy in college, and this machine takes care of everything else the MBP could do easily.

Go for the MB! Minus the Pro! :p
  5. -M7- macrumors member

Feb 14, 2006
    yep. loving mine too.
    but I miss the cold aluminum from my PB somewhat...
    performance on the macbook is just awesome if you are coming from a G4.
  6. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    wont work with iSight as yet:(

But you can use AIM/MSN for video chat within OSX.
  7. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    London Town
  8. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I am very happy with my new MB. I was planning since January to get a MBP at some point this summer, but the MB does everything I need for about $800 less. This machine is faster than my iMac G5 for everything I have done so far. I'm still trying to figure out what the iMac should be for other than serving as my media server.

I wouldn't have any hesitations on getting one of these. I already convinced one of my friends to get one.
  9. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    Just bout love this White 2.0MB. I was using an iBook G4 before this machine. Lets see if it was a good descision to replace my iBook or not. What do I get in MB over my iBook:-

/Intel CD, a much faster processor than G4.
    /Builtin iSight, always wanted one.
    /Glossy Screen(Yes I really love it compared to iBooks matte finish).
    /WideScreen, Always envied PBs coz of this feature only.
    /Runs Winblows XP natively. Sometimes you do need it. No matter how much you hate it.
    /MagSafe power adapter, Really works great. Apart from safety, it`s really easy to plug it in as you dont need to pin point the socket and push it in. Just guide it to vaguely to the left of your MB and it finds it`s way by itself.
    /MagLatch (is that what it`s called?).
    /FrontRow. Simple idea. Still great functionality.
    /A bigger and faster HDD. Also that too an user upgradable one.
    /A new Keyb Design. I personally like it over regular laptop keyboards. But thats just me.

All this for just 99$ more than iBook. So it sums up that the new MB is definitely much more value for money than iBook was. The only downsides compared to iBook could be the lack of internal Modem(never used it anyways) and the heat issue.

To sum it up- I fell in love with Apple when I bought my first iBook. This MB has only added to that positive impression.
  10. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2006
    LOL:D ! I don't get it, but it made me crack up laughing!:p
  11. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    Jealous I guess.:D :p :p :rolleyes: :cool:
  12. laughingbabe16 macrumors member

Jun 2, 2006
    The built in Isight does not work with non mac users? So if I am chatting/camming on MSN with a friend who has a PC and uses MSN, the camera wont work?

If not, someone said use Bootcamp. After I install bootcamp, turn on the Windows, log onto MSN, lets just say, the Isight will work?

Thanks people!:D
  13. virus1 macrumors 65816

Jun 24, 2004
    im lovin my 3 day old blackbook... awesome, perfectly sized, fast... im ordering my 2gb ram upgrades tonight..

ps. vikas soni: the quote in your sig is awesome! who said it?
  14. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    OOPS. That wont work . You cant use your iSight Camera/mic when you use bootcamp to run winblows. But you can video chat with your friends on MSN and AIM on OSX itself AFAIK. I think you`ll need to download aMsn for OSX if you are going to use MSN. Also you can video chat using yahoo messenger. But yahoo accepts only video without any audio. Download aMSN and you should be fine IMO.

EDIT. Crap. Just read your post again. Sorry, I think I misunderstood you the first time. It seems that you were trying to be sarcastic and making fun of the earlier posters. Add my name to those stupid posters too:eek:
  15. nsknike macrumors regular

Nov 2, 2005
  16. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    I love my MacBook! It will soon be replaced with a 17" MBP, but until then...

It's thin, beautiful, affordable and high-tech. What could be sweeter?
  17. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    I'll join is as I definitely love my new black macbook. Everything is perfect on mine, no issues.
    It's also the perfect size for me.
  18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I'm almost entirely with you. The MB has a much better screen and KB than the ibook, is so much faster (processor and HD!), and has lots of cute gimicky things that are lots of fun. The only things I disagree about are that I don't care about the modem at all, and I have no heat issue.

My MB is awesome. By far the best of the 7 apple computers I have owned.
  19. eXan macrumors 601

Jan 10, 2005
  20. laughingbabe16 macrumors member

Jun 2, 2006
    I wasnt being sarcastic vikas soni, it was a true honest question. Sorry if it sounded that way. I am new to Mac, and before I get a MacBook, I have tons of questions and concerns to be taken care of before hand. Thanks for answering my question though, the 1st time. LOL.:cool:
  21. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
  22. someguy macrumors 68020

Dec 4, 2005
    Still here.
    Oh, how tragic. :rolleyes:
  23. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Vikas Soni-- and anyone else who has moved from a G4 iBook: what do you think of the wide screen? I dont watch many movies on my G4 ibook and I think I would miss the screen height, particularly in web browsing-- does the resolution upgrade make up for that? I've never been much of a fan of widescreens on laptops-- thanks
  24. plinden macrumors 68040

Apr 8, 2004
    So your MB works now?

My wife loves her MacBook - she thinks it's cute. It's silent and runs cooler than what others have posted.
  25. baker101 macrumors newbie

May 31, 2006
    i just got my first mac, the macbook pro, on friday. so far its frakin awesome. i think i have switched permanantly. the guis, speed, the cleanliness, etc,,,is mesmerizing.

i bought the machine in hopes to develop some software and get deeper into programming. so far so good!