the IBM that you dont know about

Discussion in 'Community' started by 1macker1, Dec 21, 2003.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Interesting, to say the least. I wonder if there is a statute of limitations on war crimes? Then again, volkswagon is just as liable, as they too did business with the nazi's.

Wait a minute.... volkswagon beetles come with ipod's, made by apple, who uses ibm chips. :) Six degrees of separation is fun....

Here's another...
    1)Some guy overcharges for oil
    2)he works for a contractor
    3)said contractor recieved contract for post-war iraq from haliburton
    4)dick chaney used to work at haliburton
    5)dick chaney works under bush
    6)bush overcharged for oil! (and has seen at least one kevin bacon movie)

;)

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i know ibm did sell machines to the nazis who used it to find jews

it's pretty horrible when one thinks of it...i wonder how much ibm really knew about the nazis

and i wonder how much nazi sympathizers like jfk's dad or henry ford knew about the nazis...when it came to war with gemany, i could not imagine kennedy or ford siding with them against the usa...and america had been very good to both those individuals and it would be unlikely that either man would have made as big a fortune in another country

3. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

If you've never seen the Pfäfferli+Huber campaign done by Ernst Bettler, you should check it out. P+H was a Swiss pharmaceutical company involved in testing on prisoners in the concentration camps. In 1958, they contacted Bettler to do a poster campaign for them, and he pulled off an historical bit of graphic design intervention.

The human forms in the poster images, when hung in sequence, spell "NAZI" when viewed from a distance.

According to the story, P+H went out of business soon thereafter.

This was the stuff of design legend until very recently, when it was discovered that this was all an elaborate hoax. But clever, and worth checking out, nonetheless.

Below is the "A" poster, which reads "Headache?":

[​IMG]

4. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Interesting. IBM was started locally and for the longest time was one of the largest employers in the triple cities area.

Siemens also had large contracts with the Nazi regime. It's sad that it happened, but it's time to put it in the past and move on.

I'm not saying we should forget, rather let's not dwell on it.