the IGN Lust List

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Oct 9, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So Ign have just posted a list of the most wanted games (all formats)

a new weekly feature... what is surprising is the total lack of PS3 games..

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/737/737971p1.html

Other than Marvel, i'd take all of them please :)

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Yeah, although it's not all that surprising... what PS3 launch games can top the 360 offerings this Holiday? Add to that the fact that most people will actually be able to own those two systems, it just makes sense.

Chances are, though, that all the people that DO buy a PS3 won't be getting any of those games... heh.

Top PS3 seller? Untold Legends? I wonder what it will be... heh. Almost reminds me of DC vs PS2 the holiday it came out. Only the 360 offerings are even better, man... I did just say that!

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Halo Wars, LoZ:TP and Brawl all top games for me....is this just for console games? Or are PSP/DS upcoming games lacking?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Brawl and TP for me. Mostly Brawl. I was over at Caroline's this weekend, got a few of her mates round for the best game of Smash Bros Melee ever, heck the best gaming session ever (it was followed up with Mario Party). I'm getting a little bored of single player at the moment so Brawl is top dog for me.

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Since they've actually played Marvel Ultimate Alliance, perhaps it's better than we're expecting if they put it on the same list as Zelda?

Or perhaps not.

6. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Halo Wars and Assasin's Creed (mega excited about that one!) for me, please.... and I'll probably rent Gears of War

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Fable 2? right, I'm not listening to one word that Peter P says about it. Remember all the huff and puff about Fable 1? It was a okay game at best, far from the best game ever and all that jazz that lionhead was spouting

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Fable 2, Mass effect...whatever! GOW, LOZ for me please:)

Bless

9. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Preach on!!!!

Don't forget the monkey poo he was peddling with black&white

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

But the monkey poo was only available in a special edition.. one incredibly stinky package..:)

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well I can say on thing about Peter, he's definitely been more humble and honest about his failures then any other developer I've seen. Re: Fable he said something to the effect of "Yes I over-promised and under-delivered, I apologize" ... so at least he isn't denying it.

Plus, I doubt they have been successful enough for him to make any game he wants without time constraints (ie: Valve).

12. Motley macrumors 6502

The problem is he always over promises and under delivers.

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

you sound like your speaking from personal experience.... ;)

14. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well, my personal opinion is that he does seem like a guy that has the vision and ideas to make some truly great games.

The problem seems to have been not just time constraints, but technical issues. That is, he'd start talking about these great ideas that were just too unrealistic for the hardware and/or to be done in a realistic amount of time.

Added to that, he'd talk about things that sounded awesome in theory, but in application probably would end up not really being that fun in a game. So as development went on the team learned what wasn't realisitic in terms of time and hardware, as well as what just doesn't work out in actual gameplay.

Now I'm not saying all of this as someone who hasn't been caught in his hype machine before. Fable was my most highly anticipated Xbox game for a long time, and when it finally came out I was so let down I didn't even want to play it. B.C. was right up there too, and they canceled it!

When I did finally play Fable, I did think it was a good game and very well done. But for me, all I could see when playing it was what it wasn't, that grand "vision" that was missed, and I couldn't help be disappointed almost the entire time I played it... which just wasn't that long.