The ignorance of PC users

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macmadant, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Today i was at school, anyway someone asked me if i played CSS (or something along those lines, and before i said whats CSS, and he looked at me weird, and my friend said 'he has a mac' ( he knew this would start an argument, he just jealous because he can't afford one) so this guy said 'awwww macs are crap' 'get a windows' so after many points i finally flipped and said i can run any windows app without your stupid windows OS, in-fact I'm going to go home buy this CSS and shove a photo of me playing down your throat, but even after that he wouldn't take it, the ignorance of these people is just unbelievable, they still think were running OS 9, and on PowerPC Chips, why don't these people just stick there opinions up their a****:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: , god they make me angry

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

this is precisely why SOME mac users are ignorant

you do realize that not all PC users are like that, right? are you happen to be in middle school? maybe a better title could be "The Ignorance of Middle Schoolers"

3. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well high school

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

well, close enough

5. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Yeah, I hate those people too. But honestly, at my university, we don't get many of those people. In fact, I've never really met anyone who bashed on my Mac... They may have seaid they don't like Macs or preferred PCs, but they've never really bashed Macs w/o reason or justification.

6. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

practically everyone at my university uses Macs :). it's a pleasure to walk around and see all the Apple logos.

7. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Yea Macs are becoming a bit more popular here. I was one of the first it seems in a long time to buy a PowerBook (Small school). There was a professor before me with a 12" PB. But now I look around and I can see MacBooks and a few other MBPs and such in the art areas and the computer science departments.

Your problem is you let them get to you. Just let them go. If you're happy with your computer, so be it. If they want to enjoy windows, they will, just leave it alone. You won't convert everyone. This isn't a religion. It's just a computer. If it makes you more productive great. Let that speak for itself. You don't need to start or get involved in arguments over which is better. It's all an opinion and subjective to each person.

Rule of the story is don't act like a high schooler. Act like an adult.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So by CSS did he mean CS (Counterstrike)? LOL whatevah. Always throw the haters a smile. You know you're better than them. :)

9. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i looked it up on the internet, i can run it using crossover or darwine, so thats got him he also said can macs run smoke or was it fire something along those lines

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL this time you've lost me.

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It still falls into everyone still seems to think that it's the Window 98/OS9 days.

That and people are just ignorant about computers in general. When the OP mentioned CSS, I immediately thought Cascading Style Sheets. :rolleyes:

12. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

It's counter strike:source i think.

I used to get a lot of my friends doing exactly the same thing, but after about a year of me pointing out how they are superior, and also them using garageband! they have come to realise they are better, and most of them are hoping to invest in one

13. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

14. iMetroid macrumors member

I think he meant Counter-Strike Source and Steam, which powers CSS.

Don't call all PC users ignorant. I'm a PC user by choice. Mainly because I like to build my computer, and that's something that I can't do with a Mac. Also, I'm a Linux freak.

15. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Pretty sure he meant Counterstrike.

I would have been like, nah, I play WoW. SO much better.

16. Queso macrumors G4

Brits in general are ignorant of the Mac. I've even heard a British Mac user apologising for being one, which I quickly intercepted with a "Do you apologise to the people in economy when you fly first?"

I still get some nonsense occasionally, but the beauty of having my PB12 with me most of the time is that I can prove them wrong there and then when they make some stupid statement. Most of the time people take my word for it before I get to that stage though. I'm known as someone who knows about computers, so if I'm using a Mac, there must be something good about them, right? ;)

17. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

i've forgot what it was, i've got a terrible memory

18. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what i said but he wouldn't let me get my point of view across i felt like getting a keyboard and smacking him around the face with it

19. jakaj macrumors member

You couldn't get your point of view across, so now you come here to whine and say what an idiot that guy was?!

I'd say you have an even bigger problem than he has.

(edit: that is, the urge to smack him, and the importance of his opinion to you)

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D

Awww, somehow as far as whiney threads go this one amuses me. Also if one is ever in need of a snappy comeback, a good one is always, "Oh yeah? I heard the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you!" :D

21. MisterEd macrumors 6502

It still gets me how many people here in the UK don't seem to realise that MS Office is on OS X as well.
    I've been in a situation before where people are just laughing at me when I receive a Word .doc in an email on my Mac. The smile soon fades when I double click the file and they're greeted with Word 2004 for mac ;)

Also, older people I've worked with... they always seemed to panic and get in a flap when I said I'd send them a document in the office. They seemed to think its som kind of spooky 'Mac file' that's gonna blow up their precious PC.

Ed

22. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

My boss is like that as well. Anytime I or someone else at work talks about macs, he just says "ahhh... macs are crap" and walks away. Good thing I don't really care about anyone else's opinion on computer, eh?

He can never give me a reason why macs are "crap." iPods? Crap. Macs? Crap. Why, because I can't run AutoCad? I can run anything else I can think of, plus the fact that I can dual boot. Whenever a computer crashes at work now, I like to throw in that if it were a mac, that most likely would not have happened. :)

Not everyone is like that, but a lot of people really are that ignorant.

23. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

what gets me mad is the way he was looking down upon me, when macs are actually superior so it should have been the other way round, not that i would look down on any PC user

24. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

but you just did. on the other hand, you're in high school. you expect more from high schoolers? back when i was in high school (mid-1990s) there were so many posers; it was really amusing. i'm sure it's still like that now.

25. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Just go up to a cute girl in front of a windows machine, open your mac, and ask her "Which computer do you think is more sexy?" At the same time, place a cd in the slot loading drive, have loads of programs open, and use expose F11.

Make sure that pasty faced chav is next to you when you do it.

After that, kiss her. When she smiles, turn to the jerk and say "Can you do that on your Windows machine, batty boy?"