the iHustle

Discussion in 'Community' started by taeclee99, Dec 25, 2004.

1. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    You guys must check out this story!!! Some idiot kid is now without his cash and no powerbook to boot!

Quoted from

Remember the P-P-P-Powerbook? This is like that, but way sadder: some NYU student who didn’t think to properly inspect the inside of the box before he paid $200 for what he thought was a stolen 17-inch PowerBook from some hustler in Astor Place, found out the hard way what it’s like to be outwitted by a crackhead. Instead of a $3,000 PowerBook, what he found inside the box was a fake laptop made out of a gray garbage bag and some cardboard that had been spray-painted silver. They’d even gone to the trouble of scrawling a fake Apple logo on the top in Wite-Out. It’s nice to see someone taking a little pride in their work, isn’t it?

Read story here.

Attached Files:

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    now thats funny, the kid was trying to get himself a deal off of solen hardware .... I can't feel too sorry for him. Shouldn't he have noticed that the box wasn't that heavy ...? It sucks for him but come on ....
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    He has just learned one of life's lessons the hard way. He's lucky, when there is always a chance of being arrested for accepting stolen property. The weight would certainly be an indication of problems. Personally I would buy something from a street merchant, because of questionable originality. A very sad situation,
  4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    G5? :rolleyes:
  5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    No sympathy from this corner.

Some forget that receiving stolen goods is crime also.
  6. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    It came from one of those shipments that was left on the dock in Taiwan that macosrumors talked about a year ago. :eek:
  7. vollspacken macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    maybe the crackhead who tried to hustle the c-c-c-cardboardbook was this guy... L-L-L-LINK