The iLife 06 Review: iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Glenn Wolsey, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

It's always nice to see an iMac placed on a super-clean deskspace, I must be missing something, as my desk it a total mess! :)

I've been using iPhoto/iLife 06 a lot this week, having upgraded hassle-free from iLife 05 on both my iBook G4 & iMac G5. I really appreciate iPhoto's increase in speed, the full-screen viewing is a nice feature, which as you've mentioned in your review makes much better use of your screen, esp. smaller ones (i.e. a 12inch iBook). I've made use of a couple of the new effects/tools, made a family calendar for my Mum & Dad, but for the most part it's just a great photo management tool.

I've also had 2-3 crashes, but having 'lost' nothing, it's not been disasterous - OSX kept it's cool as usual in these situations.

I've also been chipping away at iMovie 06, I like the new layout and the noticeably faster features. I did however spot an issue earlier this afternoon in that the transitions I was trying to apply to my timeline were messed up and although I'm sure I've seen this before in iMovie 05, I can't for the life of me remember how I 'fixed' it last time. :confused:

3. Glenn Wolsey thread starter macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey