The iLife 06 Review: iPhoto

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 25, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Reviews
    Link: The iLife 06 Review: iPhoto
    Description:: Part one to the iLife 06 review series, Glenn Wolsey takes a look at iPhoto, and offers his views.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Remember to leave all of your thoughts of iPhoto 6, and the review in the comments section under the review :)

3. macrumors 6502

It's pretty much the same to me. Though.. it's quite cool to be able to view the photo and the background blacks out and i can zoom in and out whenever I want. I still have yet to explore it in-depth. The weird thing though that it did was the fact that it took all my photos and put them into a new folder different from where my photos were originally at. Some pictures were left where they were before, and the others moved 2 subfolders away. So... weird.

4. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Its too bad that Apple had to use a Very incompatible implementation of RSS for their Photocasting

Shades of Microsoft's Internet Explorer there. :(

5. macrumors 603

Stella

Overall I found iLife 6 disappointing. iPhoto 6 is the best but still, Apple could add more functionality. As for performance, I found iPhoto 6 to be no faster than 5 ( though I only have around 3000 photos , so if I had more I may notice ).

Its a shame you can't compare side by side the same photo ( before and after editing ).

At least red eye works better ; red eye in iPhoto 5 was completely hopeless.

6. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

before importing iPhoto should ask me for a few metadata stuff.

2 or three pull down menus, an advanced button if i want to create custom information.

7. macrumors G3

bigandy

you mean you want iPhoto do do what Aperture does?

8. macrumors G5

nagromme

I haven't seen any evidence of this being an evil scheme to "kill RSS" as that guy fears... just a lack of attention to the matter that Apple can (and should) correct in an update.

9. macrumors 68020

You know on in the source pane, was there ever a section in the info panel to enter tags/comments directly? Its there now, and very nice that it is. No more control-i. Just start typing immediately into the box. I dont recall it being in iPhoto 05.