The iMac irony

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wifi_cowboy, Nov 19, 2003.

1. wifi_cowboy macrumors newbie

Well, I thought I would post this because of the silly irony of it. I got an itching for a cheaply-priced desktop, so I went to eBay and bought an iMac DV SE (I have wanted one since they came out). anywho, look where it ended up on it's shipment to Pennsylvania...

-----------------------------------------------------
    Nov 18, 2003 11:49 P.M. SEATTLE, WA, US
    8:49 P.M. SEATTLE, WA, US
    3:44 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Nov 19, 2003 2:04 A.M. REDMOND, WA, US
    12:18 A.M. REDMOND, WA, US

-------------------------------------------------------
    When I saw this, I began to laugh (sadly, no one around me got the joke). The poor little guy is "in a bad part of town". I hope the UPS guy doesn't accidently deliver it to Bill. :p

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Hehehehehe.... Just think - your iMac may have been in the same square mile as The Dark lord himself. Let's hope his influence isn't so far reaching as to corrupt the hardware of your machine....

Excellent choice, by the way. Those were and are great computers.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hey now now..lets not got on insulting all of redmond, just because hell is located there. :p

4. wifi_cowboy thread starter macrumors newbie

5. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Watch out! It may come with XP and a x86 proc inside that perfectly designed plastic shell!

Yeah

1 PC: 1500$
    1 copy of Windows XP: 100$, all your personal information and your first born.

6. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

It's no coincidence. Your iMac will arrive with MS Office, Virtual PC 6.1, WMP 9, and Windows XP installed. The Mac OS was also made unstable in the process so it will run slower than it should and crash often. I suggest reformatting the drive and reinstalling everything just to be sure. :D

7. alset macrumors 65816

alset

This is exactly how my SCSI drive in my server became corrupted. Windows influence infected it and gave it a bad attitude. Watch out for your iMac to swear at you and sulk, if not repaired.

Dan