The Inauguration

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ipodmann, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ipodmann macrumors member

Nov 11, 2004
    Being a witness to history in person is not easily measured or valued until years from now.

Never the less I had the time of my life for a brief 5 days. A book could be written, but someone else will do that.

In the end there was way too much security and yet not enough. The WH tour was shorter than I would have liked, but meeting the Chairman of the Appropiations Committee on three different occasions more than made up for the WH. As a complete nobody in the world of politics I had access to the third most powerful member of the house and give him my 2 cents regarding the budget. In the end he remembered me and introduced me to his wife. This means a great deal to me since he met hundreds of people in the last three days. Everyone has a pet project they would like to have funded. I found his staff to be friendly and very young. A few of them will get somewhere.

I know this belongs in the political section, but I did express a political view point
  2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats on your access. But don't be surprised to see this go to the Political Forums in short order.