The Invisible Shield worth getting?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spb, Nov 8, 2005.

1. spb macrumors member

Aug 31, 2005
    hi, i have a 4g iPod and was wondering if The Invisible Shield is worth getting. Does it protect the iPod well. Also i live in the UK so if i bought one off how long would it take to deliver?

sorry if this has been asked before

2. StangMan04 macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2005
    from what I hear, it is a good shield. i plan to go in with a friend and start making some of our own. Their shipping is slow, I ordered mine yesterday (7th) and ETA is the 14th. WAY Slow. If everything works out with me and my friend we will start selling them. We will ship MUCH faster then them as well. My email is you can contact me and keep in touch with me incase we do start selling these. But nothing official yet.
  3. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
    Yes- it is worth it.

Use the "Search Forums" feature and you will find tons of threads on this!
  4. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2005
    Yes. I got mine in 3 days.. Its not like it costs $100. Onlt $25. It wouldnt hurt to buy it.
  5. john159 macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2005
    yes it is definetly worth purchasing, but you have to have lots of patients to apply it... it took me about 1 and half hrs per side...
  6. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

Aug 21, 2004
    Their ETA was not very accurate for me, I got mine in 3 days flat. It was sent out via regular usps so if it's slow, their either backed up and can't meet demands or usps is taking their sweet time.

Anyways, I am very happy with the shield. Now if they could only make an
    anti finger prints for it too, I would be even more happy. The lifetime guarantee can't be beat, its a good investment.
  7. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yes it's worth it... best materal I have ever seen ( used PDA's since the 3com Palm Pilot PRO )
  8. maddav macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    It is a superb product, and it seems to be resistant to anything I throw at it. It has protected my iPod sitting in my pocket for a whole day!

Just make sure you take some time applying it, and make sure you have a PERFECT application before letting it dry.
  9. JonHimself macrumors 68000

Nov 3, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    I finally caved and bought it. I returned my first iPod (5G) because of the battery life not really being what it should have and got a new unit and haven't taken it out of the box yet until this comes in. Has anyone from Canada ordered one? What was the turn-around like as far it being shipped? I can't wait!!
  10. Konradx macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    i wasnt paying attention but it was around 3-5 days max. And i love my IS
  11. MmmPancakes macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I wrapped my 1gb Shuffle in an Invisible Shield. it's much better protected now. I feel much better carrying it in my pocket and not having to worry about coing brushing up against it.
  12. cleanup macrumors 68030

Jun 26, 2005
    Their demo video actually looks pretty impressive, but I'm not sure I could get a hold of one in Shanghai... and I'd need a case if I get my nano...
  13. Battousai macrumors member

Nov 4, 2005
    I have a 5G white 60 gig iPod.

Putting an invisibleshield on it was the best decision I've ever made. If I ever order another iPod, I'm not taking it out of the box untill my invisibleshield gets here.

Julia (my Pod) had hairline scratches on the screen, but I decided to just live with them, and put the invisibleshield on over them. To my suprise, you can no longer see any of the scratches. I don't know if its because the adhesive fills them in or what, but I couldn't be happier.

The only problem that I've noticed, its that its a lot harder to put it in and take it out of the supplied case. The invisibleshield is still glossy and nice looking, but its not a slick as the original finish, and I think taht might be the problem. But, since it's a 60 gig, it didn't fit in there too well to begin with, and no that its protected by the invisibleshield, I don't need the protection anyway.

I'd highly recommend this product to anyone who cares about the condition of their electronics.