Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zBernie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
I just used the iOS 7 camera app for the first time today and it is just as horrible as the other stock apps. Switching from photo to video is done by sliding this ridiculously small slider, which is so close to the camera button, it's nothing short of idiotic. I cannot believe that a company which specializes in user interfaces released something as user hostile as iOS 7!

All of the core apps such as Music, Mail, Reminders, etc., are white with difficult to read gray text, are anemic looking, and lifeless. The button icons on these core apps look like they were designed by a four year old. A rectangle with a line through it is for bookmarks. A square with an arrow is the share button icon. Absolutely hideous.

And the way the application icons are animated when you unlock the screen or exit an app is enough to give you motion sickness! I now need dramamine when using my iPhone! Many aspects of iOS 7 were clearly ill conceived by those with a fanatical "minimalist" obsession. I've read about developers at Apple who vehemently disagree with the minimalist design philosophy. I am firmly in their camp. Unfortunately, Jony Ive's abominable UI won out, and now users are paying for it.

iOS 7 brings this malapropism to mind: "Ive tower syndrome".

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
As mentioned above, swipe the whole screen to change modes. I absolutely love the new Camera app. That and Photos are the two biggest improvements, and they're quite good, IMO.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Do you feel better now?

Okay. Now go watch some "How To" videos on iOS 7 and debunk some of your claims there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this was just an unnecessary rant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.