The iOS 7 mockup thread

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tar Sniffer, May 31, 2013.

1. Tar Sniffer, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013

macrumors 6502

In my free time today I decided to make a mockup of the lock screen based on the details mentioned in this recent 9to5Mac article about iOS 7. If you think it will look different, or you want to make a mockup of some of the other rumoured changes, than post your image here. I thought this would be a fun way to pass the time until WWDC :)

[​IMG]

Edit: Earlier versions have been removed.

2. macrumors 65816

"the square-grid for entering a pin code has been replaced with round, black buttons with white text and white borders."

You still have a square-grid...

3. Tar Sniffer, Jun 1, 2013

macrumors 6502

image removed

4. macrumors newbie

Nice work! :)

5. macrumors regular

I'm sorry, nice effort, but that looks hideous! iIf iOS 7 is anything like that I defiantly will not be upgrading!

6. macrumors 6502

No offense taken. I agree that it doesn't look as nice as the current design, but that's mainly because I suck at Pixelmator. Don't loose faith on account of my crappy work ;)

7. macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

This is a nice touch, a bit strange but nice.

8. macrumors 6502a

I like everything except for the rectangular "emergency call" and "cancel" buttons -- they feel out of place now. Perhaps "emergency call" could be replaced with a red circle with "911" on it, and the cancel could just be a round black button with an "X" on it just to match the feel of everything else.

9. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

If they do a US version of iOS only! 911 does not operate ouside US.

10. macrumors 6502

agreed, good effort but that looks ugly, i dont think Ive would bring out something that ugly.

11. macrumors 65816

Sorry, but it mentions "buttons" and "text" which the top bit doesn't have. :)

12. macrumors 6502

I believe if you dial 911 pretty much anywhere in the world your call gets forwarded to the local emergency services.

Pietro

13. Tar Sniffer, Jun 1, 2013

macrumors 6502

image removed

14. macrumors 6502a

It does. Trust me. I've had a little cousin dial 911 from the UK on a GSM iPhone with a UK sim. Never let little kids use your phone! I thought it would be safe with the passcode lock on but seemingly not...

15. xcodeaddict, Jun 2, 2013

macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Is this a joke thread? Based on the "mock ups", I'd have to assume it is.

I am confident that Apple have infintely better taste than most theme designers, some of which just baffle me with their levels of hideousness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beyond ugly...

[​IMG]

16. macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

we got one more week to go lets just wait and see what comes up!

17. macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Exactly! :)