The iOS 7 Positive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by djtech42, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

djtech42

With a majority of this forum being complaining, hating, and trolling, we need a thread where people can talk about the good aspects of iOS 7 and their positive experiences. I don't mean that iOS 7 is perfect for everybody, but I'm sure everybody can find something they like about the new OS.

If people come onto the forum right now, they will be turned off from updating to iOS 7 because of all the negative responses. The reality is that there will always be more negative threads than positive threads because people tend to not be as vocal about positive experiences as they are about negative experiences. When somebody has a negative experience, they want to complain and go on about everything they hate about it.

The people that hate Apple are a vocal minority. It doesn't represent the majority of people. The same can be applied to iOS 7. I know a lot of people that are enjoying iOS 7, and iOS 7 has the fastest adoption rate of any iOS version.

So please, add your positive feedback here. Tell us your favorite feature, improvement, or design aspect.

2. macrumors 68040

zhenya

Installed on iPhone 5 and ipad 4. Loving it on both. iOS badly needed a visual update as it was quite stale. Battery life is as normal, many of the tweaks are welcomed - especially multitasking UI, the the quick settings bar from the bottom, and the new gestures. There are a few visual things that can be improved, but they are minor and we will see them changed in time.

3. macrumors 6502

Love almost everything about iOS 7 especially the calendar app. Only thing I have hard time to get used to is the zoom in/out animations. Everything else is a welcome improvement.

4. macrumors 603

Armen

No need for a positive thread. The fact that iOS 7 adoption rate was higher than iOS 6 shows what is really happening out there.

5. macrumors regular

gamesetmatch

Although iOS 7 is not perfect, I can't imagine going back to iOS 6.

Of course there are things that need improvement, but no company has ever released a perfect operating system after a major overhaul.

Just my two cents.

6. macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Initially I preferred the look of iOS 6. I was worried about the poor performance reports I read here with regards to my particular hardware (iPhone 4S x3, iPad3, iPad4). I went to best buy and did a brief once over of iOS 7 on an iPhone 4S. I was pleased with what I saw. I upgraded the 3 iPhones and the iPad4.

I'm very happy with the snappy performance on my iPhones. I see NO performance lag. I turned on "Reduce Motion", off Background App Refresh.

The iPhone 4S has better performance than the iPad4. I think iOS7 is less optimized for iPads at this point. I'm very happy with the upgrade.

7. macrumors regular

One thing that I like is that now you can close the current app you're on in the multitasking view. In iOS 6 you had to go to the springboard or another app, bring up the multitasking tray again, hold & wait… then close it. Now it's just simple swipe up.

8. macrumors member

I like it so far on my 4s. I dont really understand all the gripes.

9. macrumors 604

gkarris

Don't like it on my iPad, but saw it today on an iPhone 5C at T-Mobile and it seemed to be designed well for that fun, colorful phone.

Want a 5C when the price falls....

10. macrumors 6502

I've been using iOS 7 since the third beta and I have loved every minute of it. I agree with others when they say that iOS needed an overhaul, and I think (for the most part) they did an awesome job.

The new features, interface, and notification center are really nice.

It made me love my iPhone that much more :D:apple:

11. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I am unable to think of any one thing I like most about ios7, cuz I love all of it..

Pre ios7, my usage on ios6 was about 4 hours + standby time - it's now upto 6 odd hours... I keep on going back to ios7 and enjoy the new UI and loving every minute of it...

I am sure some glitches and issues will be ironed out, but overall I jus love it...

I have 7 downloaded on all the iPhones and iPads in my family....

I am now eagerly awaiting for the new OSX Mavericks......

12. macrumors member

I, too, read all the negatives and then realized that resistance was futile so I updated.
    I'm happy I did.
    Overall the performance is better and the ui is much more intuitive than ios6.
    Essential operations are much more easily accessed .
    Yes, had to put Reduce Motion ON to stop the motion sickness.

THe look is clean and easier to read...dare I say modern?

If I had to make comment on the misses in this iOS:
    1. Notepad. I liked the lines on the page... Easier to organize thoughts visually with the lines IMHO. And the color for clickable links is very bad....hard to read that orangey brown on the white background. This was a bad call.
    2. I would like to have seen an indicator in Notepad as to which Account the note lives in. I have multiple devices and have duplicate notes but it's frustrating to figure out which Niobe is in which account to do housekeeping .
    3. I find having to click the home button twice to see the open apps cumbersome for a device capable of multi-gestures and with so much screen-estate available. I would have thought that I would also be able, at this late date, to have at least 2 windows open simultaneously to increase productivity.
    4. A minor issue: the message and FaceTime icons are too close in color to each other... Visually annoying.
    5. Another minor icon issue,,,the photos icon and the Game Center icon,,,,they found those colored balls and damn it they were going to use them twice because they liked them so much. Really? Did the graphic designers come to the mtg unprepared and had to whip up an icon in the hallway before walking in?
    6. The notification center is great but I would like to have the option to see Tomorrow's Calendar line up or at least be able to click/link to the Calendar from the notification screen rather than being told that " I have a busy day coming up starting at 7:15am". That is a bit obnoxious.
    7. This is perhaps the worst of all...how do I choose to ignore a call from the locked screen? If you know please tell me.

Hopefully Apple will correct these minor mis-steps relatively soon.
    Otherwise a successful update.
    For the nay-Sayers, Choosing to go to another device is not an option. I use Apple devices not merely for the device functions, but rather fir thug complete environment that Apple creates. No other device/ company comes close...and I have gad them all...including Blackberry.

13. macrumors 6502a

Double pressing the power button.

14. macrumors 68040

Preference is one thing, showstoppers is quite another.

I have none personally for the latter but I'm not a power user per se. My only gripe is why did it take Apple so long and I'm confident they will iron out some glitches as well with this great OS. :)

15. macrumors 6502a

I love iOS 7, and 200 million iOS 7 users in 5 days says something about its success as well. :)

16. macrumors 6502a

byke

yeah it says the doors been closed and there is noway to get back to ios 6 if you don't like ios 7.

17. macrumors 6502

paulsdenton

IOS 7 is so absolutely superior to anything that has gone before that I continue to be amazed. I installed it on my two iPads and my iPhone 5 (and my old iPhone 4 that I use as an iPod) and it has worked perfectly in every case.

I love the look, the skinny fonts and the colors. It's so modern and clean looking.

My whole family (six iPhone 5 and 2 iPod) all upgraded with the same reaction.

Total home run Apple. All hail Jony Ive!

18. macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I love it. I think it looks really good. Stuff n Stuff.

My husband says it looks like something a child drew up on a chalk board or in a preschool drug class. I definetly was disappointed when he said that. He is a more of an Apple geek then i am!

I think it looks good. Apple have shown the initiative to make a bold chance with the iOS7 operating system. The flat icons make it look more modern and more up to date. Skumorphisim is so outdated and yes we know Jobs liked that sort of crap, but it's good to see this old system get a refresh. Love the translucent effects.

Death to fisher price icons! Long live the queen!

19. macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I love everything about iOS 7. All of the improvement are great and I think everything is better. It's wonderful.

20. macrumors 68040

Nope, no one was forced to upgrade. There were enough warnings and complaints beforehand with the betas and early GM IOS 7 adapters so ...

21. macrumors 6502a

I like it all around. It looks good and feels good.

I like how the new Siri talks faster and the control center is a great addition for sure.

22. macrumors 6502

+1 for liking iOS7. I would agree with a couple of roycemac comments and also add that I wish music would change a little. Overall I think its a great change. :D

23. macrumors 6502a

People could have seen iOS 7 a dozen times before it was released. It was on a front page on apple.com for 3 months, plus it was on every possible news site (tech or not tech related)

24. macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

25. macrumors newbie

After watching several YouTube videos of people running the betas from 1 to 6 over the summer, I got more and more excited to try iOS 7 out for myself and kept counting down the weeks and days until the official release. With so much confusion and pure guessing around the actual release date, it made it harder to wait as no one really knew the date until Apple officially announced it on the September 10 keynote. I wasn't feeling the new icons at first but after having watched all the beta videos, I grew to become more excited about the look and feel of iOS 7 and now, after official release, the icons don't really bother me. iOS 7 runs beautifully on all of my devices (iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5G and iPad 2) and I thoroughly enjoy using the new OS update. Some people in my family aren't quite into the new look yet but I'm sure they'll come around to accepting it more as they use it more in everyday life.

Only bummer is that the panorama wallpaper feature is gone, it was one of the things that got me really excited for iOS 7 but it's otherwise an all around much welcome update. Really feeling the light look and translucency and the parallax wallpaper feature is really neat too.