Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrumanApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
keep the ipod momentum going by releasing an iPod Wireless at WWDC... Imagine syncing your ipod wirelessly with your computer and stereo and being able to play songs from your iPod on your computer speakers, stereo speakers, and car speakers all without wires... I believe a wireless iPod can be the center of a wireless lifestyle (and i dont mean bluetooth... i mean airport extreme)... This would be amazing, and i think the first mp3 player company to incorporate some of these features will make a huge push in the market...

Does anyone else here agree? disagree?

TrumanApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Oh yeah...

Put the iPod Photo interface and screen on that, and mount a nice camera on it two, if my tiny cell phone can fit a camera ($200) then i think this new iPod Wireless can fit a camera two... think about it... one device to listen to music without wires... take pictures... and put them on your computer all from a different room...

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
yea, awesome. And then they can sell a backpack to carry it in!

Ha, no, just kidding. I'm not sure about the camera, because I do like the current size of the iPod and something bigger could become cumbersome.

I'm 100% for the A/P Extreme though. That would definitely make a huge market push, then they can dominate the market they already dominate.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
if the camera was a dock attachement I could see it working .... i don't think thats all too far off to be honest. Wireless isn't that fast and I mean right now that bose device is the best look integration. I also think that the little griffin remote is pretty nice.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Bad idea!

I'm quite happy to sync my iPod mini whenever it needs a charging (most often every other day), and since charging involves hooking it up to the FireWire port of my iBook, I don't see the point about syncing wirelessly. The speed over the wireless link would also be very poor compared to FireWire (or USB2). Not to mention you would need a car battery to drive your iPod, 'cause Airport (also called WiFi or 802.11b/g) is really power hungry. Even if you'd use Bluetooth or ZigBee (both with considerably worse speed than Airport) battery life would be a serious issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.