The iPod's Achilles Heel? It's er... Reader's Digest

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 19, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68000

Silencio

More typical drivel from Orlowski. He claims that eMusic emphasizes editorial content on their music store, but iTunes doesn't? I can tell you that Apple has some incredibly talented and knowledgeable people working on iTunes editorial, covering a surprisingly wide range of music.

3. macrumors 68000

Loge

Yet another claim that music subscription services are the way forward, but no evidence of any demand for them from consumers. emusic is really a purchase model like iTunes, but packaged as a subscription.

4. macrumors 68000

hulugu

I already wrote about this in my blog; Orlowski is completely wrong about the money, the difference between eMusic and Real's Rhapsody, and the realities of the subscription services.

How does this guy have a job?

5. macrumors 6502a

Seems like a lot of people are jostling to be recognised as the first person to announce the death of the iPod/iTMS and so whenever something similar is released, they immediately declare that THIS will be the Next Great Thing.

ZUUUUUUNE!

6. macrumors 68000

Silencio

He fits right in at The Register, where nobody has a clue.

The side of the road is littered with the wreckage of media-annointed Next Great Things. I think that little carcass of the Dell DJ Ditty is still smoldering. :p It's not so much that clueless journalists are trying to be first in line, more like they're trying to keep that little self-propagating feedback loop going.

7. macrumors 6502a

Does anyone like the Register? I think we should quit linking to them on MacBytes. Their articles suck, and we just give them more hits on their site.

8. macrumors 68000

hulugu

I second this motion, especially Orlowski's claptrap, he's just as trollish as Devorak.