The Island

Discussion in 'Community' started by howard, Jul 23, 2005.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

Just saw this movie last night. It reconfirms my belief that Scarlet Johannson is the sexiest, most gorgeous girl ever to walk the planet.

As far as the movie itself, I liked it a lot. People bashed it for borrowing ideas from other movies, and also for the product placement. As far as the idea borrowing, its funny that they mention it borrowing from recent movies, but really all those movies the reviewers suggested were borrowing ideas already from movies/books. Really it all just goes back to the book "Brave New World", maybe that was borrowed to.... My point is, i don't put to much weight on that. Cause it was its own original interpretation of those future ideas. Besides that, the two stars were great in my opinion. Action sequences were fun, if a bit outlandish. But it all just comes back to Scarlet.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

The trailer looks good. Reminds a little bit of GATTACA. After I catch War of The Worlds, this movie would be my next choice for the theater.

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

war of the worlds was very good.

IMO The Island was better purely because of the extra eye-candy (scarlet). But war of the worlds was very good.

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Just got back from seeing The Island. I didn't have a clue what this movie was about when I walked in - which is probably how it should always be, I guess. EXCELLENT Sci-Fi thriller :eek: As mentioned above, better than War of The Worlds - by far. See it first!

5. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Based on the trailer to the movie, it reminded a little bit of the book "The Giver" except The Island has the whole clone thing.

6. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I am also keen to see this... although after the trailer I thought it looked like a combination of Logan's Run and The Matrix (from the concept their reality isn't real).

Anyone else remember Logan's Run?