The IT Crowd

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Palad1, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if I was the lone Mac nerd out there hooked up on the IT Crowd?

Episode 5 and still no Mac in the show... Do you think they are saving them up for a 'Mac' special?

This show is great, there even is a PET 3032 on the set :)

Cheers,
    Palad1

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I'll admit that I quite like it. It hasn't had the best press over here in the UK, but it's a decent enough watch on a Friday night. I'm a big fan of both Graham Linehan and Chris Morris, and the combination of the two should, in theory, be a work of genius. It hasn't quite worked out like that, but Graham Linehan has said that he's still bedding down the characters and that the second series will be a vast improvement.

3. Lau Guest

I like it too (was out last night and missed it - was it any good?)

That's interesting - I thought the first episode was really weird, because it did seem to be all about introducing the characters and nothing else, and although it's been much better with each episode, it had still felt a bit like that.

The goth in the cupboard the other week had me in stitches with his looks into the distance. :D

4. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Its quite funny in parts but you feel its trying to be another version of the Office rather than making fun of I.T. people (which has massive potential).

Like last nights was all about the two geeks gettings Jen's PMT because they work so closely with her (this thenn spreading to the wider I.T. support community).

Overall good idea slightly badly done.

5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

He was back again last night - at the very end, after a big night out, Chris Morris' character woke up in bed with him.

There seems to be a little circle of comedy actors who appear in each other's shows - both Noel Fielding (who plays Richmond the goth) and Richard Ayoade (who plays Moss) were in Nathan Barley, which was written by Chris Morris, and I'm pretty sure that Graham Linehan did some of the writing for Brass Eye.

6. Lau Guest

:D

Totally - there seem to be a few of these little cliques of actors - there's the whole Simon Pegg/Spaced bunch as well, with them all popping up in Black Books and the like.

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Even they're related - Simon Pegg was in an episode of Brass Eye, Kevin Eldon was in a couple of episodes of Spaced, and he does a lot of work with the Chris Morris/Armando Ianucci/Steve Coogan crowd. Even Ricky Gervais was in Spaced. It's too much - I think my head is going to burst.

8. Lau Guest

Too...many....british.....comedy.....networks.....can't....take...it.....<KABOOM>

:D

9. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Ricky Gervais in Spaced?

Please enlighten me.

:confused:

10. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

In the second series, we find out how Marsha posted the advert that Tim and Daisy replied to asking for couples only. The guy who took down the details of the ad was Ricky Gervais, and he was too busy ogling a girl in the office to take the details of the ad down properly, which is why it said couples only when Marsha didn't intend it to be that way. He was only on screen for about 10 seconds and had about 2 lines. God, I'm so sad for remembering all these details. :eek:

I'll try and dig up a screenshot of it.

11. Lau Guest

"Professional couples only? Mmm, sounds nice." :D

12. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Et voila...

Series 2 Episode 6

Attached Files:

13. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Breifly remember it now.

Own both seris on DVD