'The jihad now is against the Shias, not the Americans'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 15, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

guardian

(emphasis mine)

very interesting article about the current nature of the fighting in iraq. the article goes on about how al qaeda helped set up the sunni insurgency, but how some sunnis are now wondering where AQ went and if they should change their strategy: make peace w/ the americans in return for protection from the shia militias. i found this bit particularly interesting:

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The dogs of war have been let loose, revenge,jihad,eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth. This is an Islamic war, Bush didnt get it before and still doesnt get it. "The"Man is just stupid enough to get us into WW3. The only bright side is perhaps Jesus will be making his return?

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

By man please don't imply that it is the rest of the world. AMERICA is just stupid enough to get us into WW3.

Mmm...Berlusconi is the Jesus of politics:rolleyes: , what more could you want?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

A ringside seat with BBQ & Beer? I should have said "the" Man.

5. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

He pays the Shia taxi driver $50 to deliver ammo to be sold to Sunnis to kill Shias. That's the kind of irony skunk would like. ;)

zimv20 -- That's a fasinating article. I keep forgetting about the Guardian. I'm going to start reading their stuff alot more from here on out. :)

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah, i wish the american press would do pieces with such particulars. or maybe i'm just not seeing them.