The Job-A-Holic

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr.Clock, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Clock macrumors newbie

Anyway ya my brother is just now turning 14 years old now i know california state laws are once 14 u can work doing certain things.Hes been searchign for a while but cnat find anything for his age so can you guys find the names of specific stores or places ( or like job rankings in the store he can do like ex: Buss boy at resturant) but the name of specific places for his age he needs a job pelase our family needs this!!!!! we live in california. !! He is willing to give someone half of his paycheck for first 4 months if you find him a job.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

IMO, he needs to concentrate more on school than on a job. I remember being 14. I remember all the schoolwork and whatnot.
    If he wants money that badly, he should mow lawns on the weekend or something like that.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

4. Mr.Clock thread starter macrumors newbie

wow ok just cuase i didnt punctuate no need to be rude. Hes my younger brother. Hes fine in school, smartest kid and he needs a job cause hes bored after doing everything from school and we need the money. So pelase soemone.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Mow lawns, cleans pools & yards -- are jobs that can turn into a business.

Probably get more money part time from this, than working a McJob.

6. CompUser Guest

I suspect you are your 14 year old brother.

Mow lawns, clean pools, work on a farm.

Edit: Sun Baked you beat me to cleaning pools.

7. Mr.Clock thread starter macrumors newbie

no im me. Im 25 in harvard university in my last year becoming an attonrey but he needs a job and he cant mow lawns because 1. Someone stole it from him some guy took the buisness and pool cleaner no one has pools and he tried a pet sittign thing but no people called him.

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

ROFLLMAOOMFGBBQ

I'd *love* to hear your closing speeches...

"yoru honor my cleint sez he not giluty adn he pled the fourth becas he dindt do it lik you said he did whihc i did otn think wa right i knoe cos he told me"

9. calculus Guest

calculus

No idea what that means but I am in full agreement with you!

10. Lau Guest

Absolutely brilliant. :D

11. calculus Guest

calculus

This is turning into my favourite thread in a long time. Who said education is not what it used to be...

12. Mr.Clock thread starter macrumors newbie

omg can we stay on topic please and help my brother out. Ok make fun of me i dont care but we need help.By the way its plead the fifth

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it belonged in the "hold down both shift keys" thread. :D

I was going to defend the original poster and point out that there are some very articulate 25 year olds out there. But then I read his posts. :eek: :eek:

14. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

If he can't work for a family member, then he will probably have to build up his own business. Perhaps webdesign or photography? Can he DJ for school dances? Do grocery shopping for seniors? Sell custom made t-shirts? Dog grooming? Car washing? Deliver newspapers? Gardening (like planting tulip bulbs soon)? Cleaning neighbours' houses? Raking leaves? Play guitar/nice sounding instrument in the street? Sell baked goods? (Don't mean the special brownie kind...) Hand out a flyer advertising that he does odd jobs?

My best suggestion for last:

Become a Mary Kay/Avon "lady"?

15. BrianSalts macrumors regular

i also haf a 15 yr od brothr that is in highs choo and need jobs to pay for ipod and apople stuf, anyone Please help no jok omg

16. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

0/\/\9 j00Z 700??!! \/\/0\/\/, 7|-|15 7|-|R34D 15 PhULL 0Ph 5URPR153D 4|\|D (01|\|(1D3|\|(35... 1 (4|\| b4R3L'/ b3L13\/3 17.

17. CompUser Guest

Wow. This is quite hilarious. The only way I am going to ever believe anything you say ever again is if you tell us that english is your 2nd language or that you are extremely dyslexic. There is no way a 25 year old person can talk in such bad english. Additionally I don't think many 25 year old people educated at one of the top schools in the US would use IM lingo.

People these days :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

My suggestion to you Mr. Clock is to get a new MR user name and start over fresh, telling the truth. I really despise people that lie, especially when it is so obvious that they are.

18. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Unless he's working for a pimp or drug dealer, I'd imagine a simple "thank you" would suffice.

19. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

... and the **** hits the fan!!! It does sound like the same dude...

It's funny how it seems that he's already done this...

That dude Dr.Chiz was full of contradictions...
    -said his cousin was 14 and needed a job
    -then says that HE is a freshman and wants to get into Berkeley
    -and finally, he is graduating in a couple of years from Berkeley

20. Lau Guest

I thought the same thing, to the extent that I thought they were the same person as I didn't realise Dr. Chiz had been banned, and got the names mixed up. It never occurred to me there would be two people in the world who wrote posts like that...

21. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

How curious. He added me to AIM and asked me to find his 14 year old brother a job in California.

I live in England.

He also wanted me to create and run a website for his animation and movies, promising to pay when he made money as an attorney.

Oh dear.

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

In that case, might I suggest getting a job with Michael Jackson, heck that's a job the entire family gets to participate in. ;)

And yes I want half that first paycheck. :D

23. Mr.Clock thread starter macrumors newbie

ya im not dr.chiz. ok thats the truth i never even heard of him.I type chat lingo and sloppy because every day im slaving over a computer typing up essays and reports. so i dont care how i type on a stupid forums it doesnt really matter to me. Im a 25 year old male, in my third year at harvard law im very intelecutall and i dont care if you dont believe me because i believe myself and so do my colleages but this job my brother needs because they used all there money to make sure i got a good dorm where i used my scholarships towards books and other equipment for school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.