The # key

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LastLine, Feb 5, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

How do I make a # sign using an Apple keyboard?

And also does anyone have suggestions for a cheap UK keyboard with both the # and :apple: key?

2. reflex macrumors 6502a

On my Belgian keyboard it's on the same key as the @ character. Don't know were it would be on a UK keyboard though.

3. Queso macrumors G4

4. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

You can insert if from special characters in the menu bar at the top of the screen :)

5. glosterseagul macrumors regular

how?

6. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Ummm... it's right there on your keyboard. Just hold down shift, and press 3... I hope I didn't misunderstand you.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Note the "UK" comment... ;)

Dynamicv's is probably the easiest (and standard) way to do it. Otherwise, you can add one of two things to the menu bar:

- Go to system preferences -> International -> Input Menu -> Show Input Menu in menu bar

And then select one/both of the Character Palette and Keyboard Viewer from the menu. Then you can launch these from the menu bar system-wide. The palette functions like the Insert Symbol option in MS Word. The Kbd viewer shows you what the keyboard layout is, including for instance, if you hold shift, it will show you what each key makes with shift, if you hold option, etc.