The Kubrick 2001 inspired human hamster wheel living module

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Aug 20, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Lovin' this... :) real fresh thinking, especially in a time when living spaces are becoming more and more compact.

Needs to be bigger though, both in diameter and length. I could well imagine several of them in a line as well, forming a cylindrical tunnel with each module featuring different functionality.

I think the W/C one could be a bit sketchy though. heheh :eek: :p

Rinky dink link

Pinky dink link

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    An interesting form of living.

Nice find iGav.
  3. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    Maybe they could string them together and form a cylinder, then upon turning certain segments, the cylinder could come up with new functionalities. or putting the rings in different orders yield different results.

EDIT: oops, didn't see iGav already had this idea... oopsy
  4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    As a kid, I had a wonderful time at an amusement center that had a kid-size tunnel maze. I'm not sure I need a hamster wheel, but I'd like to have an adult-size maze of tunnels like some of those fancy hamster enclosures have, so I can relive that experience.
  5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    we like that idea ;) :)

you know what they say about great minds... ;) :D
  6. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Hmm, this would only be useful for one person... I mean, what if one person wants to sleep and the other wants to sit down?
  7. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    and that is why you'd need/want more than one. ;)
  8. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Hmm ... I feel there to be glaring contradictions (in my own ghastly mind). Individually they seem to be at one with a freedom at ends with domestic conformity, and attractive as a consequence. But the pre-fab linking of many seems to compromise all that and turn it into something far too insular.

But then I've not been out today ... so perhaps I'm just talking guff.

Nevertheless a good find, and I liked looking into the work of the architect AllesWirdGut.