The lack of rumors...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GregUofMN, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregUofMN macrumors regular

Is it just me, or is there an incredible lack of Apple rummors currently. There doesn't seem to be any new products coming out soon--sure the Mac intels will be here in 2007 or so, but nothing really new. No new software, no new announcements, nothing.

An Apple drought so to speak.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Checked Software Update recently though? There's a pile of updates this past week so maybe that can help account for the whereabouts of all the little Mac engineers. :)

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sometimes you have to work on perfecting already existing products. You can't come up with great ideas all the time. Plus I'm sure the switch to Intel is taking much of their R&D capacity.

4. alexeismertin macrumors regular

alexeismertin

here's a rumour

Mac Mini this Tuesday perhaps an ibook as well..

..I agree it has been quite dry on the rumour front ever since Apple bought out (bribed out) Think Secret, they own Nick de Plumes sorry ass!!

5. derboy macrumors regular

I think the lack of anything exciting of late is due to the confusion of steve jobs. Apple is the kind of frustrating company where everything needs to be "signed off" by steve himself. (Remember him taking credit for the imacs floating screen. i bet J. Ive was livid)

Things only get to the next stage of development if he says so. That in anyones book slows lead times, and frustrates designer/engineers.

The lack of clarity and the amount of Spin that S jobs is intent of giving at presentations indicates this. Combined with the fact that apple is splitting into three companies, music, ipods and computers.

Hands up who believes OSx has been intel ready all along??

Thats why its all hands on deck now, for behind the scenes dull stuff. (re-working, not creation)

6. Willy S macrumors 6502

iBooks in the US are shipped the same business day, so they probably won´t be updated tomorrow.

I find it a bit hard to believe, but could it be just a shortage of iBooks and Minis in Europe?

7. GregUofMN thread starter macrumors regular

A couple of fixes to applications effected by Tiger is really not much to get excited about.

I need some new stuff baby!

8. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

True - there are really very little rumours lately. I guess Apple closed their leaks by scaring everybody with law suits

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, there were several updates last week Mac OS X 10.4.2, iSync, and iPhoto. It would seem that Apple's lawsuit against Think Secret was very successful in stopping leaks. The information now just comes from Apple. Other sites only report generalities. No longer anything the the information that we had about the Mac mini.

10. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

You know, it is kind of nice when you go to apple.com and see a complete suprise...

llama ;)

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

True. Nothing like a surprise Mac update...Oh, look dual-core 3.2GHz G5s.

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Happens when all of a sudden all the PowerPC leaks were suddenly plugged by the switch to Intel... and since that roadmap is a poorly kept secret -- it'll be hard for Apple to hide that.

Hopefully once the Apple PCs gets past rev D, we should start getting an idea where the platform is heading -- and how quick new technology will be arriving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.