The latest security update screwed up my MacBook!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by animefx, Aug 2, 2006.

1. animefx macrumors regular

Can someone help me? I downloaded the latest security update this morning and when it gets the the screen with the gray apple the little throbber just keeps spinning.. I waited a half hour and it just stays there.

I reset my p-ram and the same result... After that I boot into my Install CD and repaired disk permissions, and I also repaired disk, but it said there was nothing to repair. Restarted the MacBook and same result.

I REALLY don't want to reinstall OS X... I have important data in there, some of which I just backed-up a week ago, (My MacBook kept turning off randomly... sent it in, and Apple fixed it) but now there is *more* important data I don't want to lose that is new from the last time I backed up.

2. CuteGothTech macrumors member

CuteGothTech

Even though its giving you that screen it doesn't mean you can't back it up. So thats the good news. You should take it into the Apple store and get them to back it up for you. Then try an archive and install from your disks. If that doesn't work, an erase and install. That's why you are getting it backed up, just in case you have to do all that.
    At least that's what I would do after having done what you did.