the legally blonde 2 thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by janey, Jul 5, 2003.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

yah...as you can guess i went to see legally blonde 2: red white and blonde with some of my friends on the 4th...
    the following text might contain spoilers (sorry):
    why is elle woods SO predictable? she says practically the same things in both movies. the try/watch me stuff was so annoying...and they used the SAME EXACT music in similar places for both movies.
    what is up with sid?! how does he know so much about the government?
    OMG delta nu freaks me out...
    i didn't really like the sequel although it is funnier than the original :rolleyes: :p
    but it's a great chick flick...so guys take your girlfriends to go and see it if they loved the original :p
    i was so sad that ibookin was not with me that i felt like crying in some parts of the movie... :(

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems that Reese Witherspoon has found her nitch. Do you think there will be another sequel? Maybe she will make a run for president! I'm glad that you had a nice outing with your friends.;)

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha, well, I'm going tonight with my wife and her mom who's up from Florida visiting.....I'm looking forward to seeing how much of DC is in it - and if they keep it realistic or do something like Enemy Of The State where they're back and forth between Baltimore and DC but you'd only know that if you lived here.

And I just went a tour of the capital building, with eyelikeart when he was up here for Geekfest, I wonder if there are any scenes there?

D

4. Steradian macrumors 6502

Re: the legally blonde 2 thread

if we have Girl friends there über, not all of use are so blessed, I will be taking a girl to go see T3 however :p

I thought the First movie was cute, is it worth waiting for the Vid, or should I dish out the 8 bucks for the movie. How much would you pay to see it?

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: the legally blonde 2 thread

ha, we're going to the matinee...not paying full price.

I went to the opening night of T3 and coincidentally it was the opening night of Legally Blonde - the line waiting for LB was comprised entirely of women ;)

D

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Hell yeah, that was so damned cool! A word to the curious though, don't touch the statues if u ever make it there. ;)

I didn't see the first Legally Blonde, so I'm imagining I'd have to see it before seeing the second take. Is it on HBO yet?

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i loved the first one, i thought it was hilarious. bend and snap. now i am just waiting for my girl to get back from texas so we can go watch it. in the mean time ill watch t3 and bad boys is next on my list.

iJon

8. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

wdlove: i think it's niche not nitch, but that is the way it's pronounced

teh legally blonde movie was hilarious :p i love the scene where reese is the only person with an iBook and everyone else has IBM thinkpads...but in the sequel they're all using gateway laptops including elle :(
    you have to dish out the $$ for the DVD :)
    most of the movie is what appears to be washington dc
    OH you have to watch the interns dance :) it's so funny

9. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

there's a reason that we don't go correcting spelling on the forums... :p

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not. They have a few scenes done in the Capital or a very good replica there of, but aside from one pic of them driving down Constitution, glamor shots of the capital/monuments, and her discussion with Lincoln it wasn't DC.....;)

As for the movie - I laughed out loud a few times, but in general, it wasn't as good as the first one. And the beginning was poor.....glad I did the matinee and now I can drag my wife to a movie I want to see :D

D

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well, that's almost like how Hollywood shows "New Orleans" to be. It seems that every time something is in New Orleans, there's some kind of jazz/blues music going on or it's Mardi Gras. There have been several times where the police station on Magazine Street has been depicted from outside, but normally they don't do a whole lot to really show it.

Oddly enough, movies like "Interview With a Vampire" has more clout, as far as location goes. ;)

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The Recruit did a good job of portraying DC - unlike the Enemy of the State. Some others that have been in DC are ranged in between.

When I first got to DC there used to be tons of movies shot here, and you'd see the *special* signs posted everywhere telling people where to go for the movie - but they'd be cryptic enough so unless you knew the movie you wouldn't get it. I got good enough to spot them and I regret not taking a few, it would have been an interesting collection.

I think they're coordinating the movies differently now, I haven't seen a sign in years.

D

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

heh yeah...every now & then I come across a street block or few that has all the meters covered with signs for a movie shoot...

as a matter of fact...the last production we did for the tv show...our first location was down the street from the Maple Leaf Bar, where they were shooting for the Ray Charles movie... ;)

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

iPod cameo in Legally Blonde 2?

Yes, but there's a scene in the somewhere where Bob Newhart's character (the doorman) springs some rap slang on Elle, and when she looks surprised he explains, "Here, I borrowed this from you" and hands her an iPod.

Egads, that's one serious run-on sentence. But I am pretty sure it was an iPod, nevertheless :)

15. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I don't know if I even want to see this movie...

I made the mistake of watching the first...

I don't see you, übergeek, as the type to enjoy this type of movie, but maybe I'm wrong, as I don't know you very well. This movie seems like one of those movies where you have to have an IQ lower than a certain point to enjoy it, and I figured that your IQ would be much higher, but I could be mistaken (about the requirement of a low IQ part, not the possibility of you having a low IQ ;) )

Actually, I haven't been to the movies in quite some time...

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

reminds me of a scene in "Manhattan Murder Mystery" where woody allen is charging out of the opera house with wagner blairing behind him. his wife is chasing him: "the deal was, i go to a hockey game with you, and you come to the opera with me!" allen shoots back, "i can only listen to so much wagner before i start to get the urge to conquer poland!"

17. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

yah...that's why i said "what appears to be" since it didn't look like the real thing, but hey i've never been in DC...
    shadow: oops, i meant "the" not "teh" lol
    g4scott: legally blonde 2 is much better than a lot of the movies out in theaters right now. which is the reason why i kinda like it...plus reese witherspoon is the husband of my favorite actor ryan phillippe

as for the iPod, it was HOT PINK!!! why on earth is it HOT PINK??!

18. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

2 words: Reese Witherspoon.

19. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

HER GATEWAY LAPTOP WAS PINK TOO!!!
    WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST INCLUDE A PINK iBook AND A PINK iMac AND A PINK CELL PHONE IN THE PROCESS?! :p heehee

20. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I would agree, pink fits Apple's products much better than gateway's products...

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A regular Mary Kay fun fest! :p The pink ibook would look the best with Reese in her pink Cadillac!

22. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Oh good grief, spare me the superiority. No, if your idea of a good time is a gloomy, subtitled French film where everyone smokes and it rains a lot then the Legally Blonde movies are probably not what you're looking for. Who knows, maybe the Christmas season will bring a rollicking sequel to The Hours or something else for you to look forward to.

23. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

The one thing that I will say for the realism of Enemy of the State (which generally stank) was that it was at least partially filmed in DC. I was hanging out on Dupont Circle one day (I lived in DC at the time) and they closed it all down to through traffic so that Will Smith could run around in the street. And then I went to see and, like you said, the consistency just wasn't there.

As for Legally Blonde 2, I just read too many awful reviews. The first one was cute, but I don't need to see it rehased and reinterpreted.

24. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer