The Lego Star Wars II Thread (Formerly Lego Star Wars 2: X360 or DS?)

Discussion in 'Games' started by LastLine, Sep 10, 2006.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

So I'm looking at picking this game up tomorrow and I've been trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to find what the differences between the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo DS are.

Well I found that the 360 allegedly has some downloadable content.

And the DS? Seems to have nothing.

So does the DS have any interesting touch screen features I might enjoy? Does the 360 have a multiplayer mode (offline or Xbox Live)

Realistically I'm just looking for something to swing me in favour of either one at the minute. :)

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well the 360 will look nicer, graphics wise(also i thought the game came out on Tuesday?)

I played the first one, it was fun. I'm between it on my DS, because I play to more, or NGC which will look nicer

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Yeah, game comes out on the 12th.
    I would say go for the xbox 360 one, it will be bigger, better, and the console version of a game almost always has more features than the handheld version.
    I am gonna get this game also.
    Might get both the xbox (not 360) and PSP ones.

4. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Well yeah, out Tuesday perhaps officially - but it's actually out in the stores around here at the minute :) So yeah...lol

The 360 seems to be the ideal answer for me graphically, but thena gain the graphics aren't the important thing for me so much as the features which is why I'm trying to find out as much as possible :) lol

An Xbox Live feature would swing it for the 360 for me. Somethingc ool with the DS's touch screen would swing it that way. lol

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I am going to get the 360 version. I really enjoy playing these games with a friend and I don't think you can do this with the DS, but I could be wrong.

You also get achievements on the 360 version, I know a lot of people care about those.

I wish a game like this had come out when I had my PSP, this is exactly the kind of game I wanted to play on a handheld. I bet it will look great on that screen.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I bet your would, heck I think Wi-Fi mult player would rock.

If they DS got that, it would push to it over th NGC one

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd go for the handheld one. Maybe it's me, but after playing the original Xbox version I felt that it was really lacklustre for the big screen. Nothing at all prevents it from being workable on a small screen. If this sequel follows that from the original then I'd go for the DS, along with the portability which is important to me personally.

And it's likely to be much cheaper too :p 360 games - £50. DS games - £25 .

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I've got the 360 version. Gamestop sold me it last friday :p

Graphically its really nice. There some really great bluring effects for focus and the AA is great.

It looks great on my new 42" lcd tv.

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

The other thing I look forward to on the 360 version is having it in widescreen. I really hated being able to only play the last version in SD with black bars on the side. This I hope should really open up the rooms and maybe make it a little easier to see everything.

One thing I hope they change is when you have the minikit finder on, that the arrows will always show up in your vision. They put the arrow right next to the minikit, and sometimes it is just as hard to get the camera at the right angle to see the arrow and by that point I could see the minikit.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I might pick up the one for the PSP(Is there one:confused: )....it seems nice enough.

X360 is the next best one.

Bless

11. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I went out to ASDA today and got the 360 version :) Great fun,.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I hope you remembered to slap your arse at the checkout ;) :D

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Theres a 24 hour ASDA near the Trafford Centre, all the gamer addicts go there for when they *really* need to be the first in line. YOU PICKED UP KNOWLEDGE ITEM

14. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

lol that's what we have here in Doncaster - must admit I just turn up 2 days before either there or the local PC World - both usually have the game out well in advance as nobody checks release dates ;)

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Surely you mean 'Donny' ;)

16. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I am undecided whether i want to pick up lego star wars 2 or Dead Rising

17. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

I did both ;)

And MacRumorUser - fair point, well made :p Guess you know it?

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep.... used to live in just outside Bawtry :D

19. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

That's definitely one extreme to the next...I'm torn between the two as well...both being very fun in there own respected ways (I'm basing my opinions on the demo of DR and Lego Star Wars 1)

Needless to say I'm going with Lego Star Wars

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not sure about the states, but here Lego StarWars has been released at €49.99 - 54.99 (depending on shop)

Normally 360 games are €69.99 - 74.99

So if its cheaper in the us too, i'd say stretch for both... Both are GREAT !!

21. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh err...scary.

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Tell me about it. I lived in quite a lot of places around the area. Sheffield, Hull, Retford, Dinnington, Leeds.... All before returning to Ireland.... I do get around :D

23. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I don't have a 360, but from what I've seen the highest priced games are $59.99 here in the states.

24. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I pickded this game up for the 360 a couple days ago. There is a noticeable improvement over the last XBox version, but that was expected. I know so many people who complain that this game is not the most graphically impressive, but it wasn't meant to be. It was meant to look like Legos living in a Star Wars world, and I think it pulls it off beautifully.

The sound in this game is great. With my surround sound, I can really hear all the noises around me and they pulled a lot of the original music from the movies and that is a nice plus.

The play is very similar to the first. The levels seem to be a bit longer which I know was a complaint of the first. There is going to be a lot of replay value because there are so many hidden secrets in each level that you can't access until you have a character that is a Jedi, can jump high, can fly, use the dark force, etc.

This is definitely a game I am going to keep for a long time, it is just plain fun.

25. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed - I've plaid through all the missions already - now I've got to get the rest of it complete. This one's definitely going to have me going for all the acheivements available on the 360.