The lie detector games

Discussion in 'Community' started by Symtex, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I will make post 3 statement and you have to find which one is the lie.

1) When I was in 5 grades, I slapped a gym in teacher in the face for running into me. I never slapped anyone ever

2) I was one setup by friend to a dating game show on television. It was a special on cowboys.

3) I bought a "Home Gym" and never used it.

good luck

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

:confused: :confused: :confused:

the threads just get weirder and weirder around here... :D

3. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

none of them are a lie, what other hoop is there to jump through in order to give you a thrill?

4. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Did you intentionally miss spell words and use the grammer of a 5 year old foreigner?

5. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you have to be so rude to foreigner that do not speak english has their first language and you are only here to troll ?

Some forums spell polices are getting on my nerves. Pardon me for lack of english writting skills. You are taking your jobs too seriously. They are other language that are spoken in the world. This is the internet. Not everyone comes from England or USA.

Peace out.

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

yes, but other people who speak other languages here still manage to post coherent thoughts...

7. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't like to put everyone in the same basket but I did notice that only American have that rudeness attitude. You know what I mean ?

8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

generalizing like that can be pretty dangerous... i think the forums have a pretty fair balance of members with a wide variety of viewpoints/attitudes

9. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I apoligize if i offended u. I meant it to be a joke. But u may want to revise your original post because they are all false. None of them make sense because of the poor grammer.

10. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, Can you correct my poor grammar with good examples ?

11. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I certainly can't becase I don't have the slightest idea what you are trying to say. There is something about slapping a gym, in five grades. Which I assume you mean to say you slapped a gym teacher in fifth grade, but then you throw me for another loop when you say that you "never slapped anyone ever".

Then you talk about going on what seems to be some sort of homosexual dating show... I don't even want to get into that.

It is beyond my ability to decipher. But good luck, and stay in school!

12. apple2991 macrumors 6502

I hope you're joking.

13. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it was too early when I typed some of thoses statements because even I, have problem to re-read myself. Let me try this again :

1) I slapped a gym teacher when I was in 5th grade. I never got into a fight or hit anyone in the face after that episode.

2) I was setup by my friend to be a contestant on a dating show. The theme of the particular episode was : Cowboys and Cowgirls. Which mean only people wearing Wranglers jeans and hats were on the program.

(does that sound clearer ?)

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

wow, what some people need to do for thrills.

well, whatever floats your boat :p

15. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do for thrills ? you mean boredom. We have no call coming in this morning. I'm bored to death.

16. lalcan macrumors regular

I'll take the first option (1). It's the most illogic -from my point of view- but i think there is no way of knowing whether any of the statements are true or false based on the syntax or grammar...

I'll tell you i like this kind of games, helps you get the gray stuff busy for a little while.

Leo

17. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

At least you, Symtex, unlike markjones, can spell the word grammar.

Oh, and mark, what is 'apoligize?' I can't seem to decipher it!

Give the guy a break...The post is a bit odd, but why are we flaming him for his grammar when he's trying his best and English isn't his first language? :rolleyes: Clearly, a number of us for whom English is the first language are not perfect grammarians, either.