"The Longest Line" - Opening day at the Apple Store in Gin...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 5, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

What a great sight.

Does anyone know how many actually got into the store vs how many were left in line?

Go Apple

3. macrumors 6502

Mr.Hey

Only the mole people underneath Apple Headquarters knows that bit of information.

4. macrumors 6502

That is so many people, and such a boring video. I did watch the whole thing. I like how he gets in line at the end of it all. I'm a huge mac fan, but I don't think I'd ever do that.

5. macrumors 6502

extremly boring movie, but its something you would never see at a new gateway or dell store opening (does a dell store even exist??)

6. macrumors 6502

matthew24

There must be something special about Apple... ;)

7. macrumors 6502a

simX

Um... at ALL Apple Store openings, everybody gets into the store. There have been numerous times (like the Jaguar party at the Apple Store Palo Alto) where the Apple Store employees kept the store open past the written hours for the event because there were so many people standing in line.

I don't think that the Apple Store Ginza would be any different.

8. macrumors newbie

Wow! I hope the Apple Store in San Francisco has a good turnout. Anyone else gonna be with me waiting in line early that morning?

9. macrumors 6502

10. macrumors newbie

Wish I could remember, I'm pretty sure its not before February, but I could be wrong? I'd say keep checking www.applestoreusergroup.com and www.ifoapplestore.com periodically. It shouldn't be hard to miss any upcoming new on any of the decent Mac related websites because this is one of the flagship stores, so it's going to be a big deal.