iPad The loudest iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrochester, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Hi all

I use my iPad 2 to listen to a lot of podcasts using Downcast. I'm potentially going to replace this and was wondering out of the iPad Mini and iPad with Retina Display which has the loudest speaker(s)?

Many thanks

M

2. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Ipad 4th gen. Best speakers on a idevice ever! In my opinion that is..

3. macrumors regular

iPad 4's speakers are pretty loud, mini is slightly softer or equally as loud. Keep in mind the mini has stereo speakers, i could hear more bass coming from it as compared to the ipad 4

4. macrumors 603

If this is your only reason to replace your iPad then you could consider buying a BT/Airplay speaker instead.

5. macrumors 6502a

I really don't understand the point of having stereo speakers that are two centimeters apart.

I believe Apple was right to not even mention it because it just doesn't matter.

Between the two, I feel like my ipad 4 speaker is louder than the mini. They seem to sound about the same aside from that.

6. macrumors 6502

The mini stereo speakers are "clearer", but not as loud as the iPad 4, or 3 for that matter...

7. macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

The loudest iPad is the 4th gen without a doubt. The mini may have stereo speakers, but that's completely null and void due to the fact that they're side by side.