The lowest feedback

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lexus, Jul 8, 2006.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Who is the ebay user with the lowest feedback that you have dealt with. I have never come across any one with less than 95% positive feedback. Also post some stories about that person and link to them.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I saw something listed by a guy with 89% feedback once...didn't touch it. :eek:

I never deal with anyone who has less than 99%. Not worth it, there's always another auction...

3. iShane macrumors 6502a

Same here MAYBE with 95% feedback depending on what the problem is. But that is the lowest I will go.

4. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

it depends on how much i'm shelling out. if it's not much, then I'm more likely to go for lower feedback (95%) but if it's something where the money is considerable nothing below 99%

5. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

Do you have any links to sellers with such low feedback?

6. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

your tar' is awesome, just thought id say that.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

That would probably be the lowest that I would go as well. Still, I would much rather deal with someone who has a higher feedback rating than 95%. :)

8. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I remember a guy that's slogan is "Where prices come first, and service second"

One guy bought a Gibson guitar from him and was sent a lamp.:eek:

His feedback was below %89. I'll try to find the link.:cool:

9. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I've had someone try to buy things from me with -3 feedback, and it wasn't even a scammer!

10. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I had some guy with 82% feedback win an item I was selling. The guy ekpt on telling me he was sending a payment but after 3 weeks he still never payed me. He then left a negative feedback claiming I never answered his emails. Looking at his feedback you can see he has a tendancy to bid on items and not pay. Ironically, his username was "thadealersdream". http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=noahr115

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I was at 50% for awhile, because when I was new to eBay, the second item I purchased, the seller hadn't responded to any of my e-mails and I hadn't received anything for a few weeks. I left a negative feedback and the asshat in return left me one, when I payed right after the auction ended. I eventually got it a few more weeks later.

Even now, I'm only at 97.3% (which is low by some standards) because of that one and only neg. The rest of mine are positive, but I only have 30-something transactions so I haven't gotten a chance to raise it.

eBay needs to do something to prevent retaliatory feedback. I don't think feedback left by member A should be visible on member B's profile until member B in turn leaves feedback for member A. That would help somewhat.

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I agree something needs to be done, the risk with your model is that some people don't leave feedback. I've had more than a few sellers not leave me feedback.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Good point. You have 90 days after the trans to leave feedback, correct? So if after 90 days, they havent left you f/b, then f/b you left them shows up

14. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Someone who bought a textbook from me had 1 feedback (100%). They never paid. It's now 50%.

15. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I got screwed by non-paying bidders back in the day who would leave retaliatory neg. feedback. I've since learned to wait the long while for the eBay unpaid item thingie to finish up, and then leave feedback, as it won't count against you if they retaliate. Ah well, I'm in the 97% range, and that won't change for a long time, I suppose.