The Mac has changed my life

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jojo2, May 26, 2006.

1. jojo2 macrumors newbie

I've been reflecting over the last ten years (even more, I'm getting old) of my life about when I first bought my first Mac and how it changed my life. I was going to Uni and working at a recording studio. They had a brand new shiny PowerMac 7100 (the first powermacs) at the recording studio. It was pretty cool at the time.

I had PC's, I was using them at Uni, they were Ok. But I decided I was going to get a PowerMac 6100. I got it, and I had so much fun on it. While the PC guys eventually tried to get Windows 95 working on 486's I was having fun making music videos, doing design and well recording music. There was a cost premium in buying the Mac, but it was a decision to get something that was the best for doing the things I wanted to do.

The thing that changed in me at that moment, was that the best served you better! It was a philosophy that I integrated into my life. I've done pretty well out of having a Mac, and I've built a website to celebrate that moment (all because of the Mac). It's called The Best Stuff in the World!

I'm hoping other Mac users and people who enjoy the better and cooler things in life can explore and share those things.

Adrian
    The Best Stuff in the World!

2. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Sorry could you explain your site in better detail I have no idea what its goal is.

Thanks

3. taytho macrumors 6502

how did this not make the list?

4. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I think the site is just to have fun, I don't think there has to be a point

Congrats, interesting idea for a site, hope you get lots of traffic ;)

5. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Sorry I still do not get the point of the site, it is very confusing.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Wow, just...wow. No words. Speechless.

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The Mac changed my life, too.

You see, before I had a Mac, I didn't have a Mac. But then once I got a Mac, I had a Mac. Things changed.

:p

(Sorry for mocking you, but saying stuff like "The Mac has changed my life" makes one sound like a door-to-door evangelist. Mac users who behave in that manner, preaching the gospel of Apple, have done an incredible amount of damage to the Mac's acceptance by the general populace... people don't like being told "my X is better than your Y, you pathetic Y user". I used to hate Apple specifically because of ONE Apple troll who used to patrol the MSNBC technology forums... SteveJack, aka Chris Neher of WRGB-TV in Schenectady, NY.)

8. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Edit: removed angry comment, read new reply.

First of all, the mac users who "preach the gospel of Apple" are one of the few reasons the company is still alive.

Second of all, having a bad experience with an Apple user doesn't make it okay to make rude remarks to people who genuinely just want to express their satisfaction with a product.

People will be rude when arguing about sensitive subjects. Get over it. Not any reason to lose your head.

9. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

So I guess this would be unacceptable?

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

If it was real, yeah.

You know who I'm talking about. The Mac user who tells Windows users that they must be Bud-swilling, Wal-Mart-shopping, Ford-driving morons simply because they use Windows and not a Mac. I've run into this type of Mac user all too often, and they are annoying... so much so that you don't want to use a Mac for fear of being more like them.

Anyway, enough thread hijacking from me for now.

11. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

There are far more annoying PC users that have their own negative stereotypes on mac users. I try to focus on the character of a person rather than the products they use etc.

12. jojo2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac Community

I agree totally, and thats why I just wanted to tell the Mac Community. I didn't post this in a Windows forum.

Adrian

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I have to say this:

I used PCs for the longest time in the restaurant biz and then decided to go into advertising. I was terrified of computers until I got my first Mac. I fell in love immediately. So damn easy to use and so much fun! To this day they remain the best. You get what you pay for. Not everything can be at Walmart prices- nor should they be. These people deserve the money they ask for.

14. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Oh Lee, we all know why Macs really changed your life. ;)

15. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Sorry I still do not get what your site is all about how about you explain to us what its aim is instead of writing about how macs changed your life then adding a link to your site.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

scem0 came around many years later. ;) But yes, he's definitely a great fringe benefit. :) And actually- I think I have MacRumors to thank for that.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I still use PCs.....love them still. Macs are wonderful but didn't change my life...just added something new and different which is great.

I love a PC.....with linux on it.:p

Bless

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I think it hates you too...thats why it gives you such a hard time...you know breaking your balls.

Bless

19. jojo2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Stuff

I thought the title implied it, this may help: http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/static/about

The idea is to find share the best of anything and everything. Does it make more sense?

Adrian

20. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

Just out of curiosity how many hits a day are you getting?

21. pink-pony115 macrumors regular

pink-pony115

That is the role of a apple computer!:) Windows users are only familiar with computers making life difficult. What a sad,sad,sad world for windows users.

22. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

My life is the same, I just have a better computer now.

I'm sorry, but if your life is drastically changed by switching computer manufacturers, that doesn't say much about your life, IMO. I recently switched toilet paper brands, now I don't have to use the rough sandpaper-ish stuff anymore, but this was hardly a life-altering change.

Wipe Different™

23. JackSYi macrumors 6502a