1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

The Mac lovers of Microsoft

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 30, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502

matthew24

Very nice testimony!

To me the MacBU is a part of the Apple family! They were one of the main reasons to switch to Mac OSX.

3. macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer?

4. macrumors regular

xtbfx

"Roz Ho" are two words that still make me shudder. :D

5. macrumors 6502

matthew24

Well let's face it, Apple has got the best OS and MS has the best Office Suite, it's nice to have both.

6. macrumors 65816

billyboy

Anyone know many copies of Appleworks for Windows have been sold?

7. macrumors 65816

Photorun

[grins] Hate to say it but that's actually a nice story.

I know a few of the employees who work at Mac BU (ex Seattle Adobe employees) and they really are Macheads, even though they work for such evil. Seriously, there are people at M$ who, though that's their paycheck, follow that PowerComputing poster that said something about "you can over my Mac from my cold, dead body"

8. WM.
    macrumors 6502

I haven't checked every single place this is posted, but so far I haven't seen anyone point out that this story is actually on the front page of the paper, with a big picture (the biggest one on the page, half of it above the fold--I'm sure there's a term for that) of a bunch of B&W G3s. I live in a P-I household (as opposed to a Times one, for you non-Seattlites), and I was completely shocked to see a bunch of Macs staring me in the face on the front page of our P-I!! :)

So I think this can only be a good thing for Apple's exposure and demystification to the mainstream--or at least for people who get the P-I, here in Microsoft land. The article was pretty darn well-written for a mainstream one about Apple, especially here in MS-land, and I encourage anyone who feels the urge to send a complimentary email to the reporter (his email address should be on the website). I may do so myself. :)

WM

edit: Actually, the photo is entirely above the fold.

9. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As someone said on Slashdot, "How shall we put this? Their spokesperson could do with just a tad more charisma. Or to be rather more honest, several swimming pools' worth of extra charisma..."

10. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Obviously. ;)

Ahhh... I'd love to see that along next to a Microsoft Badge. :D

0. :eek: