The [Mac Pro & Power Mac] forum and posts about MacBooks

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by apfhex, Nov 16, 2006.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

This is just sometime I've noticed since joining the MacRumors Forums. There are an awful looooooooooot of posts about MacBook's and MacBook Pro's in the mac pro & Power Mac forums. I can see how the "Mac Pro" in the tile might mislead new members that don't bother to read the title careful enough. But I almost never, if ever at all, see these posts moved to the proper section. I just wonder if anyone watches these forums for out-of-category posts? I only mention it due to the sheer number of them I see. Should I report them? Or should I not bother?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Report them...I do when I catch them, but I haven't been diligent about it lately.

Edit: It looks like a couple of them are from many months ago (but still being posted in), possibly before the hardware forum was split by machine type. They may not have been correctly placed (if recategorized at all) at that time.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I reckon it'd be easier if those forums were renamed simply Laptops and Desktops. I can see how they get confused so easily. Plus, I still don't feel they make it clear that older model Macs are included in these forums.

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of that too. Just this last week there've been a tonne of rehashed old threads, not that it's a bad thing.

4. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

When did that happen? I joined in August and IIRC the forums were split the same way then. It didn't occur to me that some would be from before a split was made (I'm used to the MacNN forums where the sections have been separate for a long time). Anyway, most of the posts I saw earlier today seem to be moved now, so uh, jolly good then. :)

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Looks like September 6th...

6. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

I agree. Besides, not listing the categories by model name will cut down on site maintenance - no need to rename everything when apple comes out with a new model.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Keep in mind that there are separate forums for "Mac Pro & Power Mac" and "iMac, eMac, Mac mini," so even the desktops are split.