The MacDaddy is back! with a G4 baby!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacDaddy951, Nov 1, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

It's been 3 weeks since i've posted on this site! I finally got my laptop it took 3 weeks to get here, i got it on ebay from a power seller for $899.88 plus a 50buck rebate. It was supposed to only take 2 weeks but they didn't ship it and they gave me an extra 50 buck rebate! now i have a 100buck rebate! so i got the ibook for 799.88!!! plus he refunded my shipping cost of 44.06 cause they didnt' ship it on time so i got my Brand New Ibook G4 for only... $755.82!?!?!?!?! :eek: What a Deal! the wait was worth it! I'm opening it right now, i gotta figure out what to do this is my first Mac :cool:

this is so exciting :p

Aaaahhh what do i do! where do i start! this is all so new to me! ...maybe i should read the manual first :eek:

2. macrumors 68030

The best way to learn is to explore. :) That's what I did with my first Mac last year.

3. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Collaborate battery - charge and then watch a DVD on full brightness until the battery dies.

PS: what mac did you get, again? lol... and isn't that Mac OS X intro movie cool!!! :D

4. thread starter macrumors regular

i don't even wanna touch it rite now it's so nice and shiny i'm drooling over it rite now :p

5. macrumors 68000

russed

wow that is a fair deal you got there!

just explore, things may feel awkward at first but pretty soon everything will feel far more normal than on windows.

you have to tell yourself if you dont know how to do something - just think the simples way and it will probably work!

6. thread starter macrumors regular

u want me to charge it then drain the battery? what for??? I got the Ibook G4...

7. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Ah, so you don't know much about notebooks, do you? :p

You need to collaborate the battery to get it's full life and battery life.

Ok...? iBook G4...? processor speed? screen size? RAM? HD? :p

Oh, and you can post in other places on the forum, too. Not your own personal thread(s) :rolleyes:

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Yep this is my first Notebook :) how long to i charge it for? Won't this take a long time to charge then drain it?

here's the specs:
    1.33GHz
    512MB
    40GB
    12.1 inch screen
    bluetooth and all the basics...

i'm the Mac Daddy i like posting in my own threads ;)

9. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Ah, I see. Nice starter machine! :)

If you charge it all the way up, and then drain it 3-4 times, you'll have the best battery life. Just use it as you would with the power supply. ;)

I recommend watching a movie with brightness full blast... drains the battery quick!! Oh, and make sure to have Bluetooth on, Airport on, and your computer is set to "Better performance" - click battery icon on top bar of the screen... you'll see.

Hope that helps...

10. macrumors 68000

Danksi

Do you mean calibrate?

11. thread starter macrumors regular

ok it's charging... how long does it take to charge? can i turn it on while it's charging or should i wait till it's done?

12. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Totally turn it on!! The battery charges while it's sleeping, on, and off.

yeah... woops... :eek:

13. thread starter macrumors regular

ok so when the charger light becomes green that's when i should start the drain?

14. macrumors 601

mjstew33

yep :) ;)

15. thread starter macrumors regular

wait a min. i just turned on the computer and the light went green! how the hell am i supposed to kno if it's charged or not? or is it already charged since the light is green? o wait it just turned orange again! :confused:

16. macrumors 6502a

VanMac

You might want to go through some of the documentation that came with your machine.

17. thread starter macrumors regular

18. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Yeah.. it does that on startup. Not unusual. It'll go back to what ever it's supposed to be when it gets fully booted ;)

19. thread starter macrumors regular

20. macrumors 601

mjstew33

I love the Mac OS X intro movie :D

21. thread starter macrumors regular

ok i'm clueless about the wireless service part i'll have to do that later, i just put computer doesn't connect to the internet.

22. macrumors 601

mjstew33

You got wireless right? Just click the little UFO type thing, idk, next to the sound (left of sound) and click your wireless network.. Oh, and make sure it's on ;). I was connected to the internet during the movie intro :eek:

23. thread starter macrumors regular

24. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

dude calm down...

25. thread starter macrumors regular

:confused: what? lol i'm so confussed

what are the two cds it came with for? there install disc but isn't the Mac OS X already installed?

what are the two cds it came with for? there install disc but isn't the Mac OS X already installed?