The Macworld Experience

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by colinp, Jul 9, 2004.

1. colinp macrumors member

Jul 7, 2004
    As I've said in other posts, I am on my first Mac (a 12" Pbook). I have owned it for roughly a month now, and have already wondered how I was ever able to live without it. I'll get to the point, which is that I live relatively close to Boston (specifically in southern New Hampshire) and got a free pass to the exhibitors hall in the mail. I am planning on going down for at least one day to Macworld, and was wondering if people could tell me what the experience is like.

Specifically, I'm interested in knowing if it will be worthwhile to go- i.e. will I be picking up any cool, free, Mac-centric swag? I realize excitement for this years show is low given that Apple will be a no-show, but I still think it could be fun to meet other Mac addicts and maybe talk to company reps or something. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks in advance!
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that it will definitely be worth the trip colinp. I'm not really sure what to expect this year since Apple has so far refused to participate. You are correct, it's a great way to network with other Mac fan like yourself. There should be a lot of cool new products on display. I also enjoy visiting with representatives from computer manufacturers. Meeting someone face to face is very valuable to me. That is why I was hoping that Elgato was going to be represented. There should be some cool things given away. Usually a good opportunity to purchase items at a discount, having show specials. I have the Users Pass, like to attend some of the classes. Especially looking forward to the Keynote by David Pogue, he is awesome.

Maybe I will have a chance to meet you colinp. I live in Boston.