The makers of Acquisition are working on a new P2P App calle...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 10, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

heres the pic from the thread

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

has anyone been able to get ahold of a binary?? apparently, the guy posted it for people to test but explicitly expressed that it was not to be a large release on the file trackers. some ****** posted it on versiontracker and spoiled the fun for everyone. any help would be appreciated.

4. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The greatest irony, of course, would be if it were posted on P2P networks.

(I don't know if it has)

arn

5. macrumors 65816

LimeWire Pro (P2P sharing) full version can be found through LimeWire Basic.

You can also get the serial number through it as well, how ironic indeed, allowing file sharing allows itself to be pirated.

6. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i know the makers of acquisition offer a program on their website that if you turn in a fake serial number that they havent' seen yet they will give you a free new working key for a while for snitching on the piracy community, limewire is odd like that but usually some of the sahdier forums link directly to the buy now link form limeiwre :)

7. macrumors regular

When did Limewire start requiring a serial number. It used to just be a binary that you launched. Also all you have to do is know a someone that paid for it and use their e-mail address to download it. It's like they don't even try to get people to pay for the thing. Not that it's worth 10 bucks, but still.

8. macrumors 604

scem0

Let's hope it is good.

I've grown used to Kazaa and I'm afraid I am going to scream in utter horror when I see mac P2P.

let's hope this isn't the case.

Limewire wasn't all that bad when I was still using my G4.

scem0

9. macrumors 68040

I've found Acquisition to be one of the better Mac P2P programs. Switched over to it after Limewire kept pissing me off. I look forward to Liberty.

10. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Does anyone know if they are they discontinuing Aquisition as a result?

11. macrumors 68040

I wouldn't be surprised. It looks like it's basically going to be Acquisition 2.0 with a new name. It looks very similar to acquitsition but with a lot of new features and a tweaked interface.