The Matrix Online is Coming!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by kuyu, Apr 11, 2004.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I just heard about this game. It looks frickin awesome.
    http://www.thematrixonline.com

The only problem is that it's going to be pc only. Damn. I guess my G5 might have to wait. I'll have to build a pc now. Ah well, the matrix online should be worth it. Time to change my sig.

Any thoughts?

2. Versello macrumors regular

3. nspeds macrumors member

What the hell dude, edit the title so it says "coming for PC" so mac users don't get hyped about it before opening the thread.

4. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Does anyone find the idea of an online game based on a movie about a world taken over by computers slightly ironic?

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Krizoitz, exactly right. and i love the idea! :D

i was looking at it, and i had a look at the trailer as well. should be a very good game.

well i've just built a 2.4GHz Celeron PC as well...now it's just time to get a 9600XT in there and i can have all of those PC games :D

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

god damn you.

You posted in mac gaming with the title its coming...

And then in the title of your post it says for PC.

BITE ME!

7. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Wow. I edited the title already.
    Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and try to relax. There's no need to hurl insults (as Arn et al would surely agree).

8. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

man does this mean ill have to get a PC now? i have a thing for matrix i dont know why. im usually not one for video games but ive already beat enter the matrix for game cube a number of times (i dont even HAVE gamecube! ive been playing on my brothers gamecube!)

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Weird thing is, the day I found out about this, I had come up with a very similar idea:

Take major cities in the US and other countries (Boston, NYC, Chicago, London, LA, SF, Rome, Paris etc.), and map them at full scale, including every detail. If you see a room, you can get into it (sniping from the top of the Prudential center >=D). Then add the plot. Some sort of counter-terrorism thing like in Rainbow 6. Of course, that would take massive amounts of time and processing power, and the game would end up costing $1000 per copy.

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

You should have used an AMD Athlon cpu, celeron chips are very slow in games. A 1.8Ghz Duron would have been better (and cheaper).

11. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Dumping your next Mac just for The Matrix Online??? Come on guys! WoW will be the king of MMORPGS and you can enjoy it on your new G5! :D

12. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I'll still get a mac, but I think I'm going to build this pc first. I can get an AMD 64-bit system with the 9600 for under $700.

The mac will just have to be postponed for the time being.

I'm still an apple fan all the way. I like all computers (even if they aren't as sweet as a mac). Odds are, the pc will serve a purpose similar to my gamecube, xbox, and ps2. The trusty old emac will be my main computer for everything else.

Bottom line... I can't stand XP, and I love panther. Websurfing, email, tunes, photoshop, typing, and forum posting will remain in my emac's very capable hands.

13. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I was in a similar boat as you actually! Except my reason for building a PC was more of a time restriction (hard to explain). I built myself an Athlon64 system for gaming purposes. Nevertheless, I love my G5! I use it for everything other than gaming (actually, I still do that too!).

14. AkiraK macrumors member

Enter the Matrix was an absolute dog, so any hopes I had for The Matrix Online have been toned down quite a bit. Add to that the fact that the sequels managed to both suck and blow at the same time, and you have a franchise that's just not that interesting anymore. I'm not sure the game can sustain itself beyond a few months, even with the nearly rabid fan base out there.

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If they release a Mac version, I'll try the demo, and buy it if it's any good. If they don't release a Mac version, then they're not getting my money. Simple as that.